Third Party Press

Circle A S/?37 k98

Dakoter98

I recently bought a k98 that I've been trying to identify and found and lost a thread on here talking about circle A guns. Also I recall no-one really knew why they are not proofed and where they ended up, so I figured I'd post info on mine and see if more info was found.

First off, the top of the receiver looks scrubbed but you can barely make out S/?37 and most parts seem to be matching. It has serial #1381 on almost everything aside from the front sight and the nosecap. even the action screws have an 81 on them along with the stock and upper handguard. Rifle has Circle A/s on the lefthand side of the receiver, barrel, bolt handle, and the walnut stock. Also the rifle looks like it was reblued at some point but im not sure. also has no mod 98 or any proofmarks

Hope more info was found on these rifles.

Last edited:
Interesting! Can you show us some pictures of the various markings on the rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently bought a k98 that I've been trying to identify and found and lost a thread on here talking about circle A guns. Also I recall no-one really knew why they are not proofed and where they ended up, so I figured I'd post info on mine and see if more info was found

“Lost” threads can be easily found. Go to advanced search, then put in “circle” as your keyword. That yielded two previous threads.

Not sure about the circle A's but definitely reblued. Pretty rare code S/237, early Berlin-Lübecker Maschinenfabrik.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back