Third Party Press

Circle B Mauser 98 bolt mark

Hi!, new member here. Many years ago I bought a box of Mauser rifle parts at an estate auction of a retired gunsmith. I used many of the parts to build hunting rifles over the years. I have a standard length, large ring bolt that has a Circle B mark on the bolt end ball, a script B lower on the bolt, and a small script a on the extractor ring. Bolt is in the white. Bolt was tagged Md 1908. Is this possibly a Brazilian Md 1909 bolt. This bolt fits and would function in my Colombian Md 1935. Any thought or info will help.

Attachments

• Argentine bolt.jpg
    Argentine bolt.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Brazilian.jpg
    Brazilian.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 7
Thanks for your input. It was marked 1908 in the box of Mauser 98 parts I bought many years ago, so I was assuming it was a Brazilian Md 1908. About the same time I bought 9 Colombian Mauser 98 stripped uppers receivers from Springfield Sporters, and used my auction parts and Numeric parts to build deer rifles for my son, sons-in-law, and grandsons. Most were made in 35 Whelen, and one each 30-06 & 25-05. Now at age 73 I only have one stripped upper receiver and this bolt left. I really like Mauser 98’s because they are user friendly to work with and maintain. Thanks again.

Hope I helped. I am turning 70 next March and have developed nenewed interest in my Mausers that have been sitting in the back of my safe for years. Getting older made me realize I don't have a lot of time left to enjoy them. I am trying to interest grandsons grand nephews etc. in them as well so I can leave them to someone that will appreciate them. Problem is they all get excited when I pull them out to show them. "Grandpa you mean this is from WWII, how cool. Can I shoot it?" Now I have a different problem, who gets what, Good problem to have I think. I never would have guessed modern kids would get so excited over old bolt actions.

Both of my grandsons love shooting and hunting. Lance Corp Seth, USMC is finishing up his tour and can’t wait to get home and start hunting again. I enclosed a pic of my youngest grandson, age 16, with his 10 point deer mount he got from the taxidermist this morning. Shot with one of my 35 Whelen builds. I have 6 Swede, 3 German K-98’s, and several FN made Mauser 98’s. In fact the Colombian Md 35 Mauser receivers were made by FN. I like older military rifles, also owning several Mosin-Nagants, a Swiss K31, and a Japanese Md 77. I die sets and reload hunting and target ammo for everything except the Md 77. I live way out in the boondocks, in fact my 50 acres is surrounded on three sides by the Mark Twain National Forest. I really enjoy spending time with my grandkids and trying to pass on my love of hunting and the outdoors. I also have a 21year old granddaughter who likes to shoot and has shot several white tails using an AR rifle in 35 Legend I built for her. So yes, encourage the younger generation and teach them the right way.IMG_7389.jpeg

It is a Brazilian 1908 bolt.

If you don't have a purpose for it and would like to sell it, I have a nice action lacking a bolt, and I would be interested in buying it.

thanks

I wouldn’t be adverse to selling it to someone who needs an 08 bolt for an 08 action. I have another 98 bolt for my last Colombian receiver. It has the extractor ring, but no exactor and the bolt fact is excellent. Does this forum have a private message ability?

Military Rifle Journal
Back