Third Party Press

Commercial ALCOSO maker marks

AlexMG

I would like to share my small collection of commercial ALCOSO bayonets.
From left to right, first, “ACS” (Alex Coppel Solingen) with early police mark “*F”.
Second, “ACS” (Alex Coppel Solingen) with inverted logo and police "Eagle B".
Two others, “AWS” (Alcoso-Werke Solingen) and “AWS Alcoso Solingen” without police accepted stamps.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    443.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 59
I love collecting bayonets, so many variations and ways to build a collection.
Fantastic sub-collection of ALCOSCO bayonets!

Nice group of Coppel Behoerden pieces. The AWS scales examples are scarce. Also the AWS Script Alcoso with wooden grips is much harder to source than those with phenolic scales.

I added to my set another one piece, Alcoso with police "Eagle D" stamp. (in middle)

Attachments

• 5.1.jpeg
    5.1.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 5.2.jpeg
    5.2.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 5.3.jpeg
    5.3.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 5.4.jpeg
    5.4.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 22
Excellent pieces, You only missing the red bakelit late war AWS/Alcoso production to complete the Coppel Behoerden police production.

Also, I am looking for AWS with police acceptance stamp (another type of eagle) and early ACS with “*S” police acceptance.

Also, I am looking for AWS with police acceptance stamp (another type of eagle) and early ACS with “*S” police acceptance.

I don't think you will find a "AWS|scales" example with a police stamp on the blade spine. By this time, such behoerden bayonets were no longer marked...although one might find an issue serial number on the crossguard. The "ACS|*S" will be early rust blue with wood grips. Sometimes the police marking on the blade spine with starburst will be a partial stamp and difficult to positively identify the associated letter. Here is a URL which you might find of interest:

https://www.k98kforum.com/threads/b...during-the-third-reich-rev-ii-w-photos.30413/

Also, found my post with the ACS|*S photos from 2018 as well:

https://www.k98kforum.com/threads/recent-acquisitions.34130/

Last edited:
PWco is probably correct , there ACS with star letter could be various but should be normally as early production, AWS i saw with serialing on various places.

I don't think you will find a "AWS|scales" example with a police stamp on the blade spine. By this time, such behoerden bayonets were no longer marked...although one might find an issue serial number on the crossguard.

There are AWS Scales pieces with Police Eagle D markings on the spine. Have several recorded in the spreadsheets. There are also AWS examples with a variation Police Eagle on the spine as noted by AlexMG. The Eagle is in a different configuration and is not accompanied by an alpha character. I call them "Dove Eagles" due to the shape. The AWS Police Dove Eagle examples are more common than the Eagle D although both types are scarce.

Thanks for sharing your bayonets AlexMG ......

I'm also a fan of the logos. I think it adds some interest at least for my eye. Nice pieces!

There are AWS Scales pieces with Police Eagle D markings on the spine. Have several recorded in the spreadsheets. There are also AWS examples with a variation Police Eagle on the spine as noted by AlexMG. The Eagle is in a different configuration and is not accompanied by an alpha character. I call them "Dove Eagles" due to the shape. The AWS Police Dove Eagle examples are more common than the Eagle D although both types are scarce.

Thanks for the info. I have never found "AWS" marked behoerden to be common (excluding the variant with "Solingen" surcharge). Only one I have found has red grips with no external markings. So, another variant to BOLO for, too....

Thanks for the info. I have never found "AWS" marked behoerden to be common (excluding the variant with "Solingen" surcharge)

Agreed! Even the examples without police markings are very uncommon. Short window of production in my opinion ......

Certainly should be compared real pieces, unfortunally some of the AWS are in bad condition, and the weakly police eagle on spine could be overlooked, question remains how long were police proof applied i would assume 1941 is the last year for this, so prior AWS Alcoso configuration should be some bunch of AWS wout proof.
Link from Arnaud french site

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back