Third Party Press

Correct magazine for ac44?

KneverKnew

I have an ac44 G43 shooter that I purchased with a reproduction magazine. As you can imagine I am experiencing "issues" with reliable feeding and function. I am considering taking the plunge to purchase an original G43 magazine. Can someone tell me what make/markings I should be looking for that would be "correct" for this particular rifle? OR, does it really even matter? Just find the best one I can for the best price.

Where is the best place to find a good magazine and what would be a reasonable price to pay? How can I tell if it is a reproduction someone is trying to scam with? I'm seeing magazines on ebay for around $300 to $375. Some say Or Best Offer. What would be a good offer for these?

Any of the 3 letter codes or post war Denmark mags should work. The mags that say G43/K43 usually don’t work.

It really does not matter. Some makers codes are harder to find than others and cost a bit to way more. The GCB marked tend to be the most common and probably sell for the least and should have no trouble locating. AYE are not hard to find either and both would be correct.

Thanks for the info. I’m seeing mid $300’s for most listed on eBay and other sights. Is this what can be expected? Where can I find a DISA danish mag and how much do they run?

I have an ac44 G43 shooter that I purchased with a reproduction magazine. As you can imagine I am experiencing "issues" with reliable feeding and function. I am considering taking the plunge to purchase an original G43 magazine. Can someone tell me what make/markings I should be looking for that would be "correct" for this particular rifle? OR, does it really even matter? Just find the best one I can for the best price.

Where is the best place to find a good magazine and what would be a reasonable price to pay? How can I tell if it is a reproduction someone is trying to scam with? I'm seeing magazines on ebay for around $300 to $375. Some say Or Best Offer. What would be a good offer for these?
As others have pointed out, rarity and condition dictate value. You can pick up a common "gcb" or "aye" for mid 200s if you are patient. Avoid repop mags, they're junk.

I’ve searched both eBay and GB for danish mags with no luck. Does anyone know of one that is available? Link?
I already have a repro which is the reason for my troubles. It works some of the time.

You can find common manufacturers wartime magazines for $200-$250. Don't pay $300 for gcb magazine their everywhere. Now if you find a rqs or avx for $200 grab it quick those are rare ones!

I guess the original aye would do if I could get it for around the prices mentioned. Would there be any question of it's proper function and feeding or do most of the original mags work pretty well?
Are the Danish made mags just as good? I suppose I will have to make up my mind and pick one I guess. Thanks for all the knowledge and suggestions.

I guess the original aye would do if I could get it for around the prices mentioned. Would there be any question of it's proper function and feeding or do most of the original mags work pretty well?
Are the Danish made mags just as good? I suppose I will have to make up my mind and pick one I guess. Thanks for all the knowledge and suggestions.

I own 2 original but from what I've heard Danish mags are really good function-wise.

Many thanks to all those who commented and made suggestions. I appreciate your help very much. Thank you, ZF41 K98K, for the Danish magazine. I look forward to receiving it and giving you a report on how well it functions in my AC 44.

condition matters. yes well-used ones are selling 225.00

ogBD8nu.jpg

condition matters. yes well-used ones are selling 225.00

ogBD8nu.jpg

Wow! Those look great! The gunbroker German mag went over $260 last I saw. I let it go. Fortunately I was able to acquire a danish mag from ZF41 K98K. Maybe I’ll get an original one day for a desent price.

Military Rifle Journal
Back