Third Party Press

Deutscher Volkssturm Soldbuch

rpf2697

Thought I would share something Peter would enjoy.

Attachments

• GEDC0023.jpg
    GEDC0023.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 37
  • GEDC0024.jpg
    GEDC0024.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 40
  • GEDC0025.jpg
    GEDC0025.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 42
  • GEDC0026.jpg
    GEDC0026.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 44
  • GEDC0028.jpg
    GEDC0028.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 35
Hello rpf2697,

Alas this is fake, a forgery.
Why?
- The handwritting is very sloppy, looks like it is done by a 6 year old instead of an office clerck; clearly someone tried to replicate old German script.
Their is a difference between sloppy handwritting and difficult to read handwritting; the handwritting in this booklet isn't difficult to read it is just silly; take a look at the Soldbucher I have posted here, you will not find ink stains in them, this one is full of them.
- Take a look at the name written underneeth the picture, in original examples this is the handwritting of the owner; in this case it is in the same hand as the rest of the entries. Impossible.
- His birth year also doesn't make much sense; if he was born in 1916 he would have been called up in the regular army way before 1944, if he was fit to serve with the Volkssturm in 1944 he would have been fit enough to serve in the regular army in a non combat unit for example.
Volkssturm soldiers are very old or very young.

I hope this helps.
Sorry to be the messenger of bad news.

Cheers,
Peter

Pages 4 & 5

The information on page 5 is just the reverse of page 4. Page 5 acted as a blotter for page 4.:googlie

I was suspicious of it being a fake primarily due to the purchase price of only $40. It was a good lesson. I have others to post so you can stay entertained evaluating them.

Originals in the States are typically more than $75 and can exceed $100 if the content is non-standard.

Military Rifle Journal
Back