Third Party Press

dot 43 in walnut - I'm mad

Sauer_Kraut

Why do I always find the birds with clipped wings? This one upset me. I've been looking for something exactly like this for some time now. I'm not sure how it's been deactivated, and I have inquired.

Attachments

• DOT 43 g.JPG
    DOT 43 g.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DOT 43 g.1.JPG
    DOT 43 g.1.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 114
  • DOT 43 g.2.JPG
    DOT 43 g.2.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DOT 43 g.3.JPG
    DOT 43 g.3.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 111
  • DOT 43 g.4.JPG
    DOT 43 g.4.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 108
  • DOT 43 g.5.JPG
    DOT 43 g.5.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 113
... love it!! Another g-block for data collection. (edit: Hmmm, actually, I already had it)
I sent you the s/n on this one not too long ago for your walnut registry. It’s matching, original and generally quite nice, but it’s in Canada and was deactivated. The owner is a forum member here, but has sent it to a popular dealer website to handle the sale.

Sauer_Kraut - I’m not sure what it’s listed for, but if you’re after a dewatt for a mannequin it’s likely not a bad option. Obviously a shame that it was deactivated in a country where it’s fairly straightforward to own a live bolt action rifle.. but it still displays well.

Attachments

• 5A7F055E-4721-4632-AD9D-1A8CADAAB81A.jpeg
    5A7F055E-4721-4632-AD9D-1A8CADAAB81A.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Was this exported from US to Canada or home grown? It looks very familiar.

Was this exported from US to Canada or home grown? It looks very familiar.
Guys who import rifles from the States are dedicated to the hobby, and don’t deactivate them. This one (as far as I recall) has been in Canada for a long time. It’s an old spec deactivation with moving parts, so I don’t think this was south of the border anytime recently, because current requirements don’t allow for moving parts (and haven’t for quite some time). It’s possible that the owner may know more about its longterm history.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back