Third Party Press

dot1944 'aq' block

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
Closet rifle that came out of one of the local shops near me.
Three rifles came in the group, of which we were able to get 2 - Vz24 rework and this one.
Sight parts and bolt release un-numbered. Stock drilled for rod (obvious) and serial numbers stamped in
both handguard and stock. While not heavily chattered, reasonably rough stock.

Attachments

• DSC_8128.JPG
    DSC_8128.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 604
  • DSC_8129.JPG
    DSC_8129.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 487
  • DSC_8130.jpg
    DSC_8130.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 644
  • DSC_8131.JPG
    DSC_8131.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 594
  • DSC_8132.JPG
    DSC_8132.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 538
  • DSC_8133.JPG
    DSC_8133.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 525
  • DSC_8134.JPG
    DSC_8134.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 595
dot

I love how rough looking the buttstock is. It's hard to tell in the photos but does the handguard match? I couldn't see if it was red glue also or not.

Another nice one Bruce!

My ap block has numbered sight parts. How much overlap is there in numbered vs unnumbered sight parts? I think there was a thread in regards to this some time ago?

Found my own answer. Apparently there is a lot of overlap on numbered vs unnumbered sights in dot production.

Last edited:
Why can't my local shops ever have anything like this? :googlie

My thought exactly. My guess is they do from time to time around me but others get a heads up. I'm only into collecting a couple of years and still getting to know folks. I give folks a heads up on stuff I come across that i know they're interested in. After a while I guess you build a network like that.

Anyway, back to the rifle. You said it was part of a group of three. Any story there? What was the third rifle of the group you didn't pick up?

Current post

Other rifle was super nice 42 code 1940, laminate of which I needed. But that one couldn't be had. Alas, but another
forum member is working on one for me and hopefully deal will be done mid-week.

That 1940 dated Oberndorf was the last missing variation I needed. Not super rare but for some reason, I could not find
a decent laminated 40 date.

Military Rifle Journal
Back