Third Party Press

DSM Sling

Southwest

It appears an original DSM sling is extremely difficult to find. Does somebody make a repro? Is there another sling that would possibly work?

Regards, Al

Not aware of a repo sling. You can use a K98k sling without the button

here is a pic of the KKW and K98k slings. The DSM looks like the KKW sling.
I'm not sure if the number of button slots is the same. I would have to check my
DSM sling which is put up right now.
P3300008.jpg

The DSM sling has one hole for the stud and a buckle like the kkw. (See pic). One guy selling on eBay and gunbroker makes repro's for both if you give him good pics. He's made a couple kkw slings for me and they are close including the stitching unique to these. He has my close up pics of originals or probably still has them.

90e7acce71c6e767efa50d5ac6d877b6.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like an excellent option. I would appreciate it if you could give me his eBay user name and I will contact him.

Regards, Al

Hello, Check out this website weslermilitaria.com I have bought a couple from Him. He has both DSM and KKW plus other slings. I was very happy with the quality. Good Luck Gary

His name is mike welser. Try http://welsermilitaria.com/index.html

Important; be sure to show him a correct sling for the DSM. His pictured version will work, but isn't quite an accurate reproduction. Also for the kkw, his pictured version has too many holes. Ask for four holes and period-style stitching. The buckles are too narrow, but it is impossible to find an exact match (at least it was for me).

Military Rifle Journal
Back