Third Party Press

Fahrbefehl

frankie

I just ran across a fahrbefehl dated Feb 45 that I had found in a pocket of a para smock that I bought in Nuremberg in about 1983/84. This is written on thin paper and had been folded and crumpled so the ink transferred and made it even more difficult to read. Perhaps someone would like to try to translate?image.jpg

This is a pass for driving a military vehicle, an MTW ( Mannschaftstransportwagen), the plates being WH1710904) and I believe it was being driven from Feldpost 38645 which was the Pionier-Bataillon 185 (25.11.1944-Kriegsende)

This is a pass for driving a military vehicle, an MTW ( Mannschaftstransportwagen), the plates being WH1710904) and I believe it was being driven from Feldpost 38645 which was the Pionier-Bataillon 185 (25.11.1944-Kriegsende)
Thanks for your response! I’m guessing the location (Ort) is Muelheim which is in the North Rhine area. Any guess on the destination? Reason for the trip? Name of the Hauptmann commanding? Given that this was found in a sumphmuster para smock, I was hoping there might be some connection.

Suggest you get two pieces of acid free paper. One on top, one on bottom. Place in acid free envelope for storage and not in plastic bag (humidity). Keep out of sunlight. Handle with white cotton gloves or wash hand with soap & water before handling so as not to transfer acids/oils onto the paper.

I think the vehicle involved was a Kraftrad 1a, which was a kettenkrad. And driven by an OberGefreiter. Neat! Does the farbefehl have any value? I don’t recall having ever seen one before

Military Rifle Journal
Back