Third Party Press

front sight tool

wilecoyote

gift from an ol'timer (not a Vet)_ I'm quite puzzled because it's working quite poorly: not ineffective, but seemly quite underengineered, IF original, under German standards : w/out a third hand, the tool tend to rotate, damaging or slipping away from the surface engaged _ (maybe am I...)_
any info about markings, etc. will be welcomed_ thanks to all in advance !

Attachments

• 20160915_5.JPG
    20160915_5.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20160915_6.JPG
    20160915_6.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20160915_7.JPG
    20160915_7.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20160915_9.JPG
    20160915_9.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20160915_2.JPG
    20160915_2.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I'm afraid

I don't like the markings, and I never seen such tool in any period k98 manual, maybe I wrong

tool

gift from an ol'timer (not a Vet)_ I'm quite puzzled because it's working quite poorly: not ineffective, but seemly quite underengineered, IF original, under German standards : w/out a third hand, the tool tend to rotate, damaging or slipping away from the surface engaged _ (maybe am I...)_

I saw one somewhere that looked to be real German but it did not look like that at all.
Might try Claus Espeholt site?
Pete

I bought an adjuster off of ebay that was similar and found that these products have a grade of steel that is harder than the sight blades and do a damn fine job of buggering up the blade ends as they spin on the edges.. You have to put something in between the adjustor and the blade when turning....royal P.I.A.

I bought an adjuster off of ebay that was similar and found that these products have a grade of steel that is harder than the sight blades and do a damn fine job of buggering up the blade ends as they spin on the edges.. You have to put something in between the adjustor and the blade when turning....royal P.I.A.
mine was in my possession well before e-bay market, but I fully agree_
by the way, at today, I have a box full of adjusters, but I've never found a really good one, (coyote-proof), to work on my K98 front sights without EXTREME care_

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back