Third Party Press

G/K43 re-assembly tips

Tiger 2 Tank

Hello,
Just wanted to share a couple of tips on these when putting them back together:

Front Recoil spring: Make sure you put the smaller diameter end on the recoil rod assembly and not in the bolt. For some reason I think if you put the smaller diameter end in the bolt, it binds up a bit and you don't get the full pressure of the spring. If in wrong, when you pull back on the bolt carrier handle, you won't feel as much tension as you will when in correctly.

Front band assembly: Ok, I've seen too many rifles now where these aren't on correctly. Too many are seen where the attachment that's in the stock is not engaging the front band and basically not secured. These are a pain in the a$$ securing. What I do is put the rifle butt to the ground and push down with some force on the front band. It may take a couple of times baring down, but it will finally engage. some aren't hard to engage at all. I have one that simply snaps in place with no force. I have others that require a good amount of force. If you don't feel comfortable, just skip this and leave it alone.

If anyone has any easier way to assemble and re-assemble the late rifles without the bolt hold open lever, I'm all ears. I did it ok, but these are a real pain.

Hope this helps you guys out.

If anyone has any easier way to assemble and re-assemble the late rifles without the bolt hold open lever, I'm all ears. I did it ok, but these are a real pain.

Roger that! I had my dual guide/no hold-open apart one time a few years ago and didn't think I was ever going to get that thing back together. Swore I would never do that again! If anyone has tips on reassembly would love to hear them .....

Military Rifle Journal
Back