Third Party Press

German captured soviet weapon pictures

Warrior1354

ax - hole
Picked up two really cool pictures on ebay last week. One of the pictures shows a couple German soldiers armed with SVT38 rifles and the other is an entire German company armed with M91/30 rifles. But the second is the most interesting. It gives some details where this photo was taken. Maybe this will add more info about captured M91/30 rifles. I did contact the seller if he has more of these, waiting to hear back from him.

Attachments

• German soldiers with SVT38 rifles.jpg
    German soldiers with SVT38 rifles.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Soldiers.jpg
    Soldiers.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 245
  • Back side.jpg
    Back side.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 183
Refreshment break for a Luftwaffe construction company on an airfield in the central section on the Eastern front. Makes sense, cool photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool!
The Soviets certainly would have lost quite a few arms. My SVT-38 for example is a Finn capture and I have several Finn Captured Mosins, one is even originally a WWI Austrian Capture sent to the Finn's for aid.

Wonder if they are FLP marked.

Interesting variety of slings on the 91-30s. Looks like they made some wire sling swivels. The swivels look similar to the ones used during the Spanish Civil War.

Since you seem to like this, I thought I should then share three of my German pictures showing captured Soviet stuff.

Attachments

• Germans_SovietGuns1.jpg
    Germans_SovietGuns1.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Germans_SovietGuns2.jpg
    Germans_SovietGuns2.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Germans_SovietGuns3.jpg
    Germans_SovietGuns3.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 82
Neat photos, thanks for sharing. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen a German soldier armed with a Mosin that had a non-Mosin bayonet strapped onto his belt. It seems like they wore bayonets more as fighting knives and had them because they were available.

I have a number of Beutewaffen bayonets that were modified by reducing the muzzle ring radius. Some were rendered incapable of attaching securely to their original, intended rifles as a result, so the use of them as available fighting knives would seem to make more sense.

Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if they are FLP marked.

Interesting variety of slings on the 91-30s. Looks like they made some wire sling swivels. The swivels look similar to the ones used during the Spanish Civil War.

Your comment on the sling types and what we often see on rifles coming into the country with the "wrong" type of slings on them according to some experts points out the plain fact that they used what they could find and the quartermaster of the armory could provide. This is especially true of Finnish used arms and the main reason I tend to leave things the way I find them when it comes to accoutrements that are arms related. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us! Bill

Here's another one - pretty sure that's a German soldier posing with that SVT-40.

Attachments

• 20200630_120713.jpg
    20200630_120713.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 59

Military Rifle Journal
Back