Third Party Press

Geweh 98 Sniper Restoration

Arnhyd

Registered
Hello all,
I have a project I'm working on and i hope to enlist the help of a few of you. I'll post a few pics in this post to hopefully clarify what I'm dealing with.
I have a gewehr 98. I believe it is an original sniper rifle without the scope, mount, or the rear mount attaching point. The holes for the lower rear mount are there. I have researched what i can and i believe it was a rifle that was converted to sniper configuration by the Emil Busch company. I want to restore this rifle accurately as possible to the wartime configuration. I have a couple of Busch scopes that may or may not be period correct but they do not have the original wartime mounts on them. I have looked at what i think is a Busch rifle in the Senich book, The German Sniper 1914-1945. There just isnt much to go on to tell what configuration the rear mount should be.
I have some modest machining capability but i can't build a mount from scratch and attach to scope. I could possibly reproduce the rear lower mount but would need imagery of original.
Would anyone have better pics or images and dimensions of this mount or a source for parts to do same. Any insight into incorrect info I have would also be appreciated. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Attachments

• gew1.jpg
    gew1.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 66
  • gew2.jpg
    gew2.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 65
  • gew3.jpg
    gew3.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 61

Military Rifle Journal
Back