Third Party Press

Gunshow DOU 45 Rescue

uboat534

Well after 4 hotdogs and a Coke this was my big gunshow find. The good news the metal matches. The bad bubba sporterized it into a western PA deerslayer. Thankfully the previous owner didnt mess w the metal. But sadly this was a matching late war as evidenced by the stock when I took the action out. Oh well Ill return the old gal to her former glory. Total cost $6.50 for 4 hotdogs and a coke, $300.00 for the DOU. Enjoy Chris

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 86
OOOOOO

I cant wait to see it in person...

if only we had a late war k98 guy that we knew, who would know which type of stock and bands etc to get.....hmmmmm

That is a smoking hot deal on a dou45 C block there! A stock will not be impossible to find- actually, dou semi-Kriegsmodell stocks are pretty easy. Great trip to the gunshow!

Yes Jon who would we know? Hmmmmm? Thanks Farb. I almost walked past it. It was sittin on a table of sport rifles and i caught the trigger housing out of the corner of my eye. Walked up saw the reciever code so far so good. Bolt numbers yeah good. bore good then turned over the price tag and Bang! I had to have it. I took my little cousin w me and Im teaching him the fine art of spotting this stuff. He is a Call Of Duty Player so he knows the weapons just needs some training. lol Chris

what a deal

That's a steal for sure. I could never get 4 hot dogs and a coke for anywhere near $6.50 here. :biggrin:

I have a few bolts like this and have a question.

When did they start using round holes?

I have one that looks new but has a pre-war finish. Crazy that late in the war..

I have a few bolts like this and have a question.

When did they start using round holes?

I have one that looks new but has a pre-war finish. Crazy that late in the war..

Turbo, most of the round hole gas escape holes Ive seen were off of 45 dated rifles. Piecing together that and the intro of the kriegsmodel in late 44(Nov 44 I think) . As things got worse through combat loss and the Volkstrum being called into service production got a bit hectic in 45. Im guessing the bolt you have in question is a lathe operator stalling for time until the allies came. Some were nice others were downright crude. Just my assumption. Anybody else agree?

Solman the stock for bein hillbilly isnt to badly done. little buttplate overhang but the walnut buttjoint is seamless and kinda neat. Hows it shoot? lol the Solman catchphrase. I only shoot the CE44 you sold me. Even that has been a safe queen last summer. Maybe Springtime Ill take it out again. Chris

Here is my dou in action.

Attachments

• hike 23 aug 09 025.jpg
    hike 23 aug 09 025.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 30
  • shoot 8-19-09 009.jpg
    shoot 8-19-09 009.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 29
  • shoot 28 august 09 056.jpg
    shoot 28 august 09 056.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 28
solman, whats the scoop on your dou? I saw a guiderib on the bolt so Im guessing its a mismatch? Still nice piece

you stole that for 300 specially with the matching bolt and the correct floorplate and trigger guard on it nice find

Are all DOU 45 bolts numbered like that? I probably would have been suspicious of the bolt if I saw it on a table. Just looks weird to me.

Are all DOU 45 bolts numbered like that? I probably would have been suspicious of the bolt if I saw it on a table. Just looks weird to me.

I hear what your sayin. I thought the same. But DOU just numbers that way. I HAD a DOU 44 all matching from a good source that the numbering was similar. Chris

They stand out..

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9426.JPG
    IMG_9426.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 70
oh man. i waited and waited for a nice dou45. and you pick one up cheep....
shes a empire arms rc. rc stock. qnw TG and floor plate off a hacked dot 44 five digit.
gqm 44 buttplate off a (this one hurt) byf45 totally hacked highturrent? don't remember anymore.
bolt is a matching bcd4? i forget where i got it. i had to peice it together part by part. including the damn spanner screws.
to you newbies! read above. i see 100++ hacked up rifles for ONE half decent one. some were common codes, but man. some... and i get em cheep. ALL my sporter Mauser's were already hacked up.... so just oil it up. you can find a cheep tapped sporter and fix it up for the hunter easier than dickin with even a RC.....

oh man. i waited and waited for a nice dou45. and you pick one up cheep....
shes a empire arms rc. rc stock. qnw TG and floor plate off a hacked dot 44 five digit.
gqm 44 buttplate off a (this one hurt) byf45 totally hacked highturrent? don't remember anymore.
bolt is a matching bcd4? i forget where i got it. i had to peice it together part by part. including the damn spanner screws.

Well I was wearin my lucky boots when I found this. Just goes to show the stuff is still out there unsuspecting. Miles and I are on a joint venture to get this back to spec. Chris

OB, let me know and ill keep an eye out... not sure what i got kriegs left in my box. let me know.
yea whats up with the shooting? man you had the loads down. now tell me your going to shoot the dou! just a couple clips! cant ruin the stock! LOL..

Military Rifle Journal
Back