Third Party Press

Hello from Germany

Nikibub

Hello forum members,

I am in my mid thirties and from the south of Germany.
For about 4 months now I am the proud owner of a total mixmaster byf 44... ;-)

As here are people with real knowledge on the K98k I am looking forward to interesting conversations.

Here´s a picture of my late war Oberndorf one... married with some pre/early war parts.

20170321_125043.jpg

I hope to find out more about my gun and I am looking forward to "meet" nice folks.

Best regards,

Nik

Welcome aboard, Nik! I've been shooting and collecting Mausers since the late 1950's and any information on this forum will be the most accurate available.

Welcome and as stated above plenty of knowledgeable decent folks here that will be glad to help with your questions. Looks like ya got the H style band up front on that BYF 44. Good to have ya.

Hello Remfan.
Yep. H-Style band. There are no sheet metal parts on this one. It seems its been rebuilt either during or after the war. Only milled parts used...(?). One of the things that can make one wonder. After all the only numbers matching are barrel and system (BYF 44). The rest seems to be as early as 1937 or sth. (Proof marks). No RC (I guess), as there are no engravings and the "eagles" are fully intact.
Its a c-block 25xxx one...
Cheers, Nik.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back