https://www.online-waffen-mv.de/?s=mauser+98k
There are 4 or 5 different ones.

I am interested in these ones:

Serialnumber
H3614
F18546
or
3752o

The Seller says everything is original and nothing has changed over the years. Its from a collector. Is this right?
Which one is the best?

Its quiet hard to find informations in Germany....

Cheers
Vincent

I'd steer clear, the S/147 he has is in a Russian capture stock at least, the "sniper" is fake, the stock isn't even German, and I would not buy based on his crap pictures and words...

I am sure there are better out there in Deutschland....

Hey Guys,

thanks for your answers so far.

Well, Ive contacted him right now for better pictures, Ill upload them, if I get em.

I am interested in the 1941 ones. Are these fakes too?

I hope Ill find a good one here. Is very hard. Got only a few seller sites :-(

Simply impossible to tell originality from the photos. Condition alone would keep me from buying.

'Fakes' is an interesting word. While we have seen and outed items intentionally altered to deceive, other items are really not. At least not at that level. Sometimes they're misrepresented simply due to seller ignorance. Saying a Mitchells Mauser or an RC is 'all numbers matching' isn't a lie is you don't know how they came to be that way.

We have German members and Stephan in particular is very knowledgeable and maybe he knows more about the situation of the ground in Europe regarding sellers and current pricing.

'Fakes' is an interesting word. While we have seen and outed items intentionally altered to deceive, other items are really not. At least not at that level. Sometimes they're misrepresented simply due to seller ignorance. Saying a Mitchells Mauser or an RC is 'all numbers matching' isn't a lie is you don't know how they came to be that way.

We have German members and Stephan in particular is very knowledgeable and maybe he knows more about the situation of the ground in Europe regarding sellers and current pricing.

This is true, I shouldn’t have said he is lying rather than he might be misinformed. As far as using the word original, I take that as “from the factory”. To me Russian captures aren’t original, even though it’s part of a rifles history. For example, that S/147 is a Russian capture. It has an X on the receiver, serial number on the stock and it looks to have that black coating on the metal. So if the owner says it’s “original and nothing has changed over the years” I take that as from factory. But that’s how I interpret it. I’m not fluent in German, but does it mention anything about it being an RC? Is that something you would be ok with or are you looking for an actual as it was from the factory matching K98?

Guys! i am back with detailed photos for you! :)

Hope you could help me.

Well the price is ok for me, when its "original" and not stamped new or something like that. I thought they cost more than 600€ (or 660$)
The Pictures are looking great for my opinion, but i am not an expert.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
Vincent

Attachments

• IMG-20190924-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20190924-WA0014.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-20190924-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20190924-WA0015.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-20190924-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20190924-WA0016.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20190924-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20190924-WA0017.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-20190924-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20190924-WA0018.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-20190924-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20190924-WA0019.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Portuguese contract Mauser. I don't know them by serial number well enough but possibly diverted to Heer and never delivered? Is the stock marked with the Portuguese crest? Looks pretty good from what I can see.

Yeah, thats right. I think so too. I have read some posts here, that the Portuguese ordered some, but the Heer used it for their own. I only got those pictures, cant tell you if the stock has a stamp.
Good to hear!

..but the Heer used it for their own.

Yes certainly true. I saw the 8x57IS and German? commercial proofs from April '79? For me the condition looks not bad and if it is all matching at $660 I would buy it. You know your market and prices and think it's not expensive for a K98k over there?

@heavy_mech

Ok, Yeah you're right. The Stamp from 1979 is, that the gov allows you to shoot this weapon legally in Germany. Its tested by the gov. Ok good to hear! Market in Germany is quiet small for K98 actually. Some were sold for over 2k in perfect condition. But I thinks this one is a good deal.

That is about what I expected to hear. We have some other German and Euro members and maybe they'll add some perspective? While others may dismiss this, it is often very much about availability. You can't buy what you don't see, have access to or are legally allowed to buy/own in your region or country.

Hehe ok.

Ja would be nice if some others could tell me their opinion.
Yeah, and that is all about. It has to be stamped new and must be legal.

If others say its everything correct I am gonna buy it.

Anybody with an additional opinion? :)
I like those portuguese contract mausers. The ones shown aren't mint condition but I'd probably bite for €600. The one shown is still a pretty, honestly worn rifle and if it's matching, I think thats a decent deal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back