Third Party Press

Help with G24t

hvactech

Guys, have a few questions on my g24...... Here's the facts .. I know the hand guard and rear band are not original to the rifle. Its a DOU 42 j block serial 8657. Bolt matches the receiver however all small parts on bolt including floor plate, trigger guard and follower are not numbered. No markings on stock at all. Cupped butt plate is not marked. Has bolt takedown and slot fitted for a k98 style sling. Bayo lug has circle z marking as well as the safety. All patina matches less hand guard and rear band. Has waffenamp A80,with swat, and of course g24t. My question is shouldn't all parts be numbered on this rifle? If so what do I have? I'm getting rid of most of my k98s as to make room for other interests. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Willie

Guys, have a few questions on my g24...... Here's the facts .. I know the hand guard and rear band are not original to the rifle. Its a DOU 42 j block serial 8657. Bolt matches the receiver however all small parts on bolt including floor plate, trigger guard and follower are not numbered. No markings on stock at all. Cupped butt plate is not marked. Has bolt takedown and slot fitted for a k98 style sling. Bayo lug has circle z marking as well as the safety. All patina matches less hand guard and rear band. Has waffenamp A80,with swat, and of course g24t. My question is shouldn't all parts be numbered on this rifle? If so what do I have? I'm getting rid of most of my k98s as to make room for other interests. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Willie

Others can give you more info but review the pictures in this reference link.

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?1100-Finally-the-G24t-Ive-been-waiting-for-1942

Unnumbered trigger guards, floor plates and followers and some circle Z parts are correct on G.24(t) rifles, but the stock should be numbered with the rifle serial number and bear WaA stamps. The bolt take down ferrules and sling cut out are also correct, and WaA80 is a correct code for a 42 dated G.24(t).
Pat

I see no markings on the stock at all. I'm more tuned to k98s but was told today that it was junk and all metal parts were to be numbered. I understand the issues with the rifle but it is a good representative piece.

Most metal components on the 24t are unnumbered. Whoever told you they should be numbered is a tool.

Well I took it to a local gun shop and the owner called an "expert" and then proceeded to tell me it was a parts gun and offered 250 for it lol. I knew better than that. Im taking it to a gun show in the morning along with another matching byf and maybe can make a deal. If nothing works out I will post some pics and get yalls opinion for sure.

Military Rifle Journal
Back