Third Party Press

High turret manufacturer's

31pickemup

Hey Gang
I'm looking on building a High turret clone just to have some fun with. I like to build things right and get things as close as possible. My first question is were all High turrets byf's or JP Sauers? Also I'm going to be using a set of Roberts mounts. Does anybody have a recommendations on what type of zf39 scope to use?

All of the original high turrets were made by JPS and Mauser, with Mauser being more common- if you want to get picky the most common are byf 43-45 dates.

sold

that rig is sold...contact Radomman he has a super nice low turret rig that would look great on either a byf or ce 43... Price is right as well..

Hey Gang
I'm looking on building a High turret clone just to have some fun with. I like to build things right and get things as close as possible. My first question is were all High turrets byf's or JP Sauers? Also I'm going to be using a set of Roberts mounts. Does anybody have a recommendations on what type of zf39 scope to use?

As far as Scopes it depends on which Rifle You end up using as a Base because two scope in particular were used by specific manufacturers . The DKL Coded Scope is only type I have ever seen used on Sauer HT and BMJ Coded Scopes I have only seen these used on Mauser HT and each Producer set there Rings differently which also set Eye Relief Differently I have added Pics to show my meaning DKL Scope is Sauer and BMJ is Mauser notice the placement of Rings on Scope .

Attachments

• DSC_0741.JPG
    DSC_0741.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0744.JPG
    DSC_0744.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 71
the position of the bmj and dkl scopes is different due to the way the scopes are made.
the bmj dialytan has a small screw just behind the front ring on the top side of the scope tube.the screw is used to retain in place an internal baffel.
the dkl dialytan has the small baffel screw located on the bottom of the scope tube.the front ring has to be located farther to the rear so that the front ring flange will clear the screw so that the scope can be assembled with the front ring soldered to the tube.

Military Rifle Journal
Back