Third Party Press

Is this finish original?

Starting to question this finish.... opinions?
d7e3465530de86e0cb66877f190961ce.jpg
5a4b2d89ff47298bac831fb8f35b48d6.jpg
41ec53a191790e97d59d959c4acbd668.jpg
fae922759e16ab7f99bd8a5796948489.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pics are not very good but I am not necessarily a fan of the barreled action finish, which looks possibly reblued. Need much better pics in natural light.

The pics are not very good but I am not necessarily a fan of the barreled action finish, which looks possibly reblued. Need much better pics in natural light.[/QUOTE

I agree.. Based off what it is and the pitting visible Id say re-blued. JPS rifles are notorious for not holding finish.

I have a nice condition definitely original CE41 and the bluing looks a completely different shade. Much deeper blue, almost purple. Nothing like the shade these pics show. I'll try to get a pic or two up, but the picture reference Sauer shows it also. I vote reblued!

The bluing looks original to me. It is hard to imagine someone taking the time to do an action and leave the bolt alone. Remember that Sauer polished the metal AFTER marking, so rifles sometimes look reblued when the bluing is original. The receiver has areas of edge wear and light freckling. It just looks like a rifle that did not see a lot of use.

The stock, on the other hand, looks like it's been messed-with: the edges are rounded over.

Military Rifle Journal
Back