Third Party Press

J.P. Sauer and Sohn CE43 Just out of the woodwork.

CE43

Hello Gentlemen,
I was recently lucky enough to have this rifle offered to me by a good friend. The rifle was just sourced at a militaria show a couple months ago.
It was received by me in as described untouched condition. Hard to put into words what a wonderful experience it was getting to take these photos. It was like opening up a time capsule.
The sling and cleaning rod have been added to this rifle but are original production , thanks Mowzerluvr!!

Hope the photos do it justice. Thanks for looking.

Ray

jp37.jpgjp5.jpgjp8.jpgjp13.jpgjp14.jpgjp15.jpgjp16.jpgjp11.jpgjp12.jpgjp1.jpgjp39.jpgjp40.jpgjp41.jpg

Added

Tried to get clear photos of all stamps and numbers. Hope they are clear enough.
jp25.jpgjp7.jpgjp34.jpgjp22.jpgjp28.jpgjp17.jpgjp36.jpgjp35.jpgjp9.jpgjp4.jpgjp24.jpgjp23.jpgjp19.jpgjp18.jpgjp20.jpgjp33.jpg

That’s a great rifle! I suppose this is a broken die as the “C” is unusual, first time I remember seeing that, very neat! Congrats on your Sauer :thumbsup:

Welcome to the addiction. Nothing like an untouched rifle, this one looks nice! Looks to have sling, rod and hood as well!

That’s a great rifle! I suppose this is a broken die as the “C” is unusual, first time I remember seeing that, very neat! Congrats on your Sauer :thumbsup:

Welcome to the addiction. Nothing like an untouched rifle, this one looks nice! Looks to have sling, rod and hood as well!

Thanks Guys.

I would agree with addicted. Will not pass on another if offered up..!! It has a great used but not abused look to it.The barrel is super bright with crisp rifling. I inserted a round into the muzzle and it has no perceivable wear.

Thanks again

I believe he is talking about the C die on the maker code, looks a little off! Pretty cool!

You are right heavy_mech and ugafx4, he was talking about the "C" die on the maker code. I know another rifle in the "g block with the "C" in the same way.

And now I also see just what's 'missing'. And by i block it's the block CE. I wonder if the broken die is actually what pushed the change? Maybe that was just too much for someone at Sauer to look at?

Great looking rifle and glad you got it. Thanks for the great pics.

I would say it's a "g" block.

Yes I agree Stephan. I thought maybe he was talking about the C on top but I don't notice anything too obvious. Not a big Sauer guy though. Very nice unmolested rifle!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I was curious about the stampings as well.
I do have a few pictures of proof marks on the barrel and receiver that I will retake. They didn't come out clear enough to post.
Will try to get them up tomorrow if possible.

That's puuuuuurty. Lots of hidden gems overlooked for "compliant" AR15s in New York. Sometimes I miss that state.

Yes, very true. There are still tons of gems in the woodwork.
As far as compliance to NY gun laws. I lost all of my non compliant guns in a horrible boating accident . They are now at the bottom of the Hudson River.
Thanks for the comments.
Ray

Yes, very true. There are still tons of gems in the woodwork.
As far as compliance to NY gun laws. I lost all of my non compliant guns in a horrible boating accident . They are now at the bottom of the Hudson River.
Thanks for the comments.
Ray
Same thing happened to all my magazines in NJ. I was Target shooting offshore and took a rogue wave. They all went overboard and are at the bottom of the ocean.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to all my magazines in NJ. I was Target shooting offshore and took a rogue wave. They all went overboard and are at the bottom of the ocean.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The waters of the Northeast are legandary....:thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back