New to this forum.
Have not had time to look at this much
I will post pictures
Wondering if it is real military made or something someone did

New to this forum.
Have not had time to look at this much
I will post pictures
Wondering if it is real military made or something someone did

Double set trigger? Nope modified by Bubba or Hans...

And just to be clear, it should be bnz…

Pixs would be good though!

Military never used set triggers, so probably postwar done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to pictures. As said above double set triggers would have been added by someone post war.

John.

Starting with a 'w' I am wondering if a Yugo Capture and if the serial is on the left side of the receiver.

Not sporter

I didn’t know that many people liked sporters too :biggrin1:

The gun has no import mark and is not a sporter
I was wrong serial number is on right side
Right side of rear sight Waa655 stamped twice
In front of serial number on right side barrel is .553 and that is also stamped on the bottom of the bolt handle
Serial # W3301 stamped on top of bolt handle it is also stamped on the stock but I don't remember where
There is a 44 stamped on the top of the barrel in front of the rear sight and a 8 stamped behind it
On the underside of the rear tang there is music notes stamped
Still working on pictures
I hope you guys can figure this out

Pictures

The gun has no import mark and is not a sporter
I was wrong serial number is on right side
Right side of rear sight Waa655 stamped twice
In front of serial number on right side barrel is .553 and that is also stamped on the bottom of the bolt handle
Serial # W3301 stamped on top of bolt handle it is also stamped on the stock but I don't remember where
There is a 44 stamped on the top of the barrel in front of the rear sight and a 8 stamped behind it
On the underside of the rear tang there is music notes stamped
Still working on pictures
I hope you guys can figure this out
+

Here are a couple of pictures

Attachments

• 20190327_120621.jpg
    20190327_120621.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20190327_120722.jpg
    20190327_120722.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 61
Looks like an early Yugoslavian rebuild/rebarrel. These seem to have their crests intact and didn't get scrubbed and have the communist crest applied. The barrel also seems to have the Yugo box style inspection marks on the bottom as well

No crests

Looks like an early Yugoslavian rebuild/rebarrel. These seem to have their crests intact and didn't get scrubbed and have the communist crest applied. The barrel also seems to have the Yugo box style inspection marks on the bottom as well

No crests on this gun
Was it a bring back because the no import mark ?

In this case, I'm referring to BNZ 4 as the "crest" markings. In most cases, Yugo refurbs had the German "crest" scrubbed and replaced with the Yugoslavian communist crest.

I called it a really nice gun
Probably paid to much for it
Guess I will have to get a trigger guard and replace it

No doubt about that, I love sporters too, never met a Mauser I didn’t like. The good news is if you decide to sell off the trigger guard, triggers and sear kick off you will easily recoup some money if that is not something you wanted. These postwar Mausers can usually be had for about 350 or so in stock form, those triggers are likely worth an easy couple hundred depending on a few things.

In this case, I'm referring to BNZ 4 as the "crest" markings. In most cases, Yugo refurbs had the German "crest" scrubbed and replaced with the Yugoslavian communist crest.

Got ya
Told ya I was learning
I have a couple of older double set trigger Mauser hunting rifles and I had a custom builder told me the triggers were worth $500 alone on them
I bought this at a very large gun auction I was at and it wasn't like I could take it apart to check it out
Good news is I made out very well on most everything else I bought
Paid way to much for this I know now

Got ya
Told ya I was learning
I have a couple of older double set trigger Mauser hunting rifles and I had a custom builder told me the triggers were worth $500 alone on them
I bought this at a very large gun auction I was at and it wasn't like I could take it apart to check it out
Good news is I made out very well on most everything else I bought
Paid way to much for this I know now

If you still have the gun apart, I would be interested to see what the “music notes” look like on the receiver. Also any other markings on the bottom or sides of the receiver. Steyr (bnz) used a lot of strange stamps on their guns and I’d like to see what yours look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back