Third Party Press

K43 Ammo Pouches - newbie question

mnguy62

Hello all!
First I'll introduce myself. Name is Steve. 70 years old. Been collecting since a kid and bought stuff from Bannermans. Collection ranges from Rev. War to a late model STG44. New bug I have now is the K43. Looking around the net I see tons of ammo pouches. Prices are all over the place $75 - $300. I'm guessing some are post WWII mfg.? There's talk of a hoard found in a salt mine?
I have a nice K43 lined up and will hopefully seal the deal in a couple weeks or so. Now the fun hunt for accessories - so ammo pouches. Where can a guy find a legit one and what's a fair price? Don't need a bargain, just a fair price for an honest one.

Thanks in advance for any time spent in response. I sincerely appreciate it!

It's a good time to be looking for those, many of them did come out of the Ukraine years back and real ones can still be had for as cheap as $75. At one point they were as cheap as $50 for some. Most of the tan ros1944 pouches you find are real and are the best bargain, as well as those black ones marked bla 1944. There are some fake ones out there too, but usually they are either ersatz material or cloth. If you have questions, post a picture of one you are interested in and we can tell you if it's real or fake.

For a long time until the supply from the former Soviet Union became to arrive, the only G/K 43 mag pouches I saw at shows were the fabric types with leather trim. These typically appeared to have been issued and were priced slightly above 98K pouches. There are considerably more variations available now.

Some pics of a pouch offered for $75

Seller says it's from the "hoard". Hopefully I uploaded the pictures correctly. Admin. if I did not upload the pictures correctly please feel free to delete and I apologize for my errors. Any opinions on this pouch?
Thanks in advance for any time spent in response!

Attachments

• Pouch 1.jpg
    Pouch 1.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 44
  • Pouch 2.jpg
    Pouch 2.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 45
That is a real one in my studied opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seller says it's from the "hoard". Hopefully I uploaded the pictures correctly. Admin. if I did not upload the pictures correctly please feel free to delete and I apologize for my errors. Any opinions on this pouch?
Thanks in advance for any time spent in response!

Quite a bargain, I'd say. Prices were considerably higher before hoards of originals of various patterns and makers started showing up on the market from Eastern Europe.

Here's a really nice repro of the same thing. These are called "bla pattern" pouches. They're very well made.

http://www.atthefrontshop.com/product_p/ggapg43.htm

As Mike said, that pouch is original. And a decent price. I always like the ones with contrasting leather straps.

Back in the early 90s that was a $500 pouch. That's why I've bought so many of them at double digit prices. I have duplicates of duplicates.

Military Rifle Journal
Back