Third Party Press

K98 bayo and scabbard. Export bayonet???

racerlee

I just got this bayonet and scabbard today and to tell the truth I'm not very good at bayonets. It's not matching. The scabbard is a crs 44 with serial 4418. The frog is marked also, but not sure what the markings mean. As far as the bayonet goes I believe it might be an export. I would appreciate information on this bayonet if possible. Thanks.
bayonet 016.JPGbayonet 018.JPGbayonet 019.JPGbayonet 020.JPGbayonet 021.JPGbayonet 026.JPGbayonet 025.JPGbayonet 024.JPGbayonet 023.JPGbayonet 022.JPG

Been trying to look around for info on this bayonet. The markings look like WW1 acceptance markings, like what you see on a gew98 or a Luger. It might be a M1884/98 II, but the only markings are the two acceptance markings and the number 801. No markers mark.
markings 002.jpgmarkings 031.jpgmarkings 032.jpg So :)

The bayonet is a imperial period S84/98nA, it was refurbished probably in weimar period post WW1, anyway grips are remained in old configuration, possible it was only reblued, the press button when WaA proofed could be replacement, scabbard is from 44crs piece same with frog. It was mostly switched by Gis or somewhere later. The blade proof is different as the pommel so i assume the blanks were delivered by one firm and ended by other, is not a Solingen area typical proof, so possible the piece is from other area, when there was visible maker mark on ricasso, is already removed by blueing and polishing. b.r.Andy

Thanks Andy for the information on my bayonet. It was sure confusing me. I thought it was an export at first. Will never know who refurbished it.

I believe it was refurbished by germans in period of 30ies, possible the 801 speaks more for a other guarding or Behoerden organisation,when not imperial inventory number. Possible mixed in end of war with normal scabbard. b.r.Andy

Military Rifle Journal
Back