Third Party Press

K98 find

Jimmee Legs

Hello guys! My name is Ronan, and I’m a 16 year old antique collector. I was recommended to this site by Mauser9, who said that you guys were the best of the best. Recently, Warrelics.eu found that my K98 was made to look matching. So, now that I have a refund and got it all sorted out, I would like your guys opinion of this listing. I rather not go through getting another fake

Deleted link -CanadianAR

Any help would be appreciated!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an FYI forum rules don't allow for posting of live auction links.

Alright, well do you want me to just post the pictures from that auction?

Yes, you can post them... most likely people know what auction it is because they are always watching these things.

There is a lot of bad stuff on Gunbroker, the fakes and restamps are getting out of control. The best advice we can give you--and others here would agree--is to take your time researching and studying Mausers before jumping in, they can be quite complex. There is a lot that goes into collecting them and the guys here are great at helping people out. Your already on the right track by asking for help here first before buying. Most people jump at the first thing they see and then only to learn when they post here that what they got is total junk.

Ask questions, study the different manufacturers, years and modifications and decide what route you want to go down collecting... then post a WTB (Want to Buy) ad in the Trader section. You'll get a more honest rifle for a better price and it will have been vetted by the members.

Oh and check the picture reference section for legit examples of rifles.

Yep great advice added here. Buying here if the other rifle does not check out is often the better course. Best of luck!

Rust pitting under the wood on the receiver would pretty much be the deciding factor for me.

I’m not to sure how to copy and paste the images from Gunbroker. Can any of you guys post them for me?
Sorry about that

Attachments

• E7C5C1FE-69BE-429D-848F-DED25837C291.jpg
    E7C5C1FE-69BE-429D-848F-DED25837C291.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 56AD35D8-1AD7-4D15-9725-C5A545D79041.jpg
    56AD35D8-1AD7-4D15-9725-C5A545D79041.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 96
  • E9B72A69-509B-4B84-ADBF-80A016866CDE.jpg
    E9B72A69-509B-4B84-ADBF-80A016866CDE.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 7007CA10-B060-47B7-A9DF-93908E664BFC.jpg
    7007CA10-B060-47B7-A9DF-93908E664BFC.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 018B27FF-40F7-480B-9FB0-BE0A50D8C8AB.jpg
    018B27FF-40F7-480B-9FB0-BE0A50D8C8AB.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 73F66A71-8FF9-4F20-B178-B7ED9E2B3B2D.jpg
    73F66A71-8FF9-4F20-B178-B7ED9E2B3B2D.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 098768A5-7CA9-44CC-90C8-DE6B50AACD8C.jpg
    098768A5-7CA9-44CC-90C8-DE6B50AACD8C.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 77
Sorry, I can’t post these photos from Gunbroker, it’s not working on either my phone or my computer. Can any of you guys do this for me? I don’t wanna seem lazy though

Buy some books first. They are expensive, but will educate you to know what to buy. $2100 is not exactly an entry level rifle.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Alright, but I know a lot about Mausers, including Makers marks, bolt markings, etc. only thing I’m concerned about is the correct WaffenAmps, and I don’t know if 125 bucks is worth it when’s i just have you guys

Also, I just plan on collecting a plethora of WW2 and WW1 antiques, I don’t plan on specializing in K98ks

I've seen a few of this seller's postings. Honestly, they look legit, but the lack of description really bothers me. If you're claiming to sell an all original item, maybe add more than a few sentences?

I'm the furthest thing from a K98k expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm in the market for an authentic K98k and I've skipped past this guys auctions.

Funny. I talked to him yesterday, and he said there was nothing more to say about it, and that he wanted “The rifle to speak for itself”

I would have to agree with you as well. I skimmed past his things many times to see if he’s ever gotten a bid. He never has

I definitely would like to do the Want to Buy thing though. I trust that you guys are truth tellers.

The only kind of K98 I’m looking for is an all matching, possibly early mid war, like 40 or 41. Love the birch on the early models, but the hooded sight also tickles my fancy

Funny. I talked to him yesterday, and he said there was nothing more to say about it, and that he wanted “The rifle to speak for itself”

I would have to agree with you as well. I skimmed past his things many times to see if he’s ever gotten a bid. He never has

Looks like we're at the exact same stage in our K98k journey. I've been watching a number of "all matching" posts on GB, but I just couldn't help get this feeling of unease. "The rifle speak for itself" screams red flag. They don't have K98k's for sale now, but look up some ended auctions from "Commonwealth Arsenal". Their descriptions give me the warm and fuzzy.

Most of my collection is based around brand new, modern firearms. It's pretty damn hard to fake something like an HK SP5, so you don't really have to think twice when dropping good money on an expensive firearm. I joined this forum to try to cross reference what I've seen on GB with authentic models others have posted in the pictures thread, but now I'm thinking I'll just hunker down and wait for a member WTS or post a WTB. I'd rather take the time and do it right.

They don't have K98k's for sale now, but look up some ended auctions from "Commonwealth Arsenal". Their descriptions give me the warm and fuzzy.

Are you being serious? Better dig a little deeper there and ask around about that seller.

I have one original matching k98k. Stumbled on it by accident. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, and want something now, just place a WTB add here and someone will likely be willing to sell you what you want. If you go the GB route of getting something to fill a gap right now, you're likely to spend too much, get a humped turd, or both. Patience.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back