Third Party Press

King of all sporters

So Yeah. I like it and I would buy it if it was not outrageously priced. I have some unusual stuff in my collection. (But) Most all, are Quality pieces.

The French company Crapahute still makes and offers Bullpup Mauser action hunting rifles. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of their very early samples due to the similarities, but older style differences, such as the scope mount.

For what its worth, I have something similar. Swiss bullpup rifle based on a martini henry action. Around 50-70 of these rifles were made by Poyet of Bern. They are pretty unique for the whole stock being split full length, so basically two covers affixed to each other. Overall length just a little bit above 70cm for 64cm of barrel length, impossible to beat that. Oh, caliber is 7x65R.

Poyet_01.jpgPoyet_05.jpgPoyet_08.jpg

Edit: speaking of odd Bullpup-conversions of military rifles - some years back I couldn't pass on a Ross M1910 rifle that not only had been converted to bullpup - but also to Pump Action. All this using a newly made Sako barrel in .257 Roberts. If someone wants to see this oddball I can do some pictures.

Last edited:
The French company Crapahute still makes and offers Bullpup Mauser action hunting rifles. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of their very early samples due to the similarities, but older style differences, such as the scope mount.

For what its worth, I have something similar. Swiss bullpup rifle based on a martini henry action. Around 50-70 of these rifles were made by Poyet of Bern. They are pretty unique for the whole stock being split full length, so basically two covers affixed to each other. Overall length just a little bit above 70cm for 64cm of barrel length, impossible to beat that. Oh, caliber is 7x65R.

View attachment 381373View attachment 381374View attachment 381375

Edit: speaking of odd Bullpup-conversions of military rifles - some years back I couldn't pass on a Ross M1910 rifle that not only had been converted to bullpup - but also to Pump Action. All this using a newly made Sako barrel in .257 Roberts. If someone wants to see this oddball I can do some pictures.
Whatever you might think about the practicality or ergonomics, the work is incredible. Fine art.

View attachment 381373View attachment 381374View attachment 381375

I would most definitely like to see some pictures. (I've never seen a Bullpup Pump.)

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing the thread up again .. reminded me I still owe the picture of the pump-action Ross Rifle conversion *edit* looking at it again .. nah. not a bullpup. But similar.

Had it posted on a forum years ago. Barrel is only marked Sako atop and 6,3x57 caliber on the left side. Kept everyone scratching the head what weird wildcat the caliber maybe is. Maybe two years later someone came and educated us that this is the metric dimension of the .257 Roberts ..................

PS: yes, it is missing the buttplate. But you know what is also funny? When I just pulled it for taking the pictures I thought of what scope may have been used on this rail. When putting it back to storage I thought maybe the Finns used a Model 1931 top mounted scope ("PE Scope"). Thought worth a try ... yep. Fits that rail. Though I suppose it may had been altered at the rear to be pushed all the way towards the front where a stopping block is located.

Attachments

• RossPump_01.jpg
    RossPump_01.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 10
  • RossPump_02.jpg
    RossPump_02.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 10
  • RossPump_03.jpg
    RossPump_03.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 8
  • RossPump_04.jpg
    RossPump_04.jpg