Third Party Press

Kriegsmarine Stock

I recently acquired a Kriegsmarine stock. I know that some folks on this forum collect information on them. I am attaching some pictures. I understand that the N designated Nordsee but was wondering exactly what area that was. Also, I didn't know if anyone could tell anything from the property number on the disc or from the rifles serial number (which was 5802). The waffenampt on the disk is 37 so I'm assuming the rifle was made by Steyr. There is a small post war (Yugo??) marking on it but outside of that it's in very nice condition. Any idea as to the value? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4608.jpg
    IMG_4608.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4616.jpg
    IMG_4616.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4617.jpg
    IMG_4617.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4618.jpg
    IMG_4618.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4619.jpg
    IMG_4619.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 37
Yes the TRZ marking is yugo. Its my understanding that the yugoslavians rebuilt all of their k98k stocks. Meaning that they disassembled them completely before putting them back together. Which means that the Nordsee take down disk might have actually been on a different stock when it was in german service. The e/37 stamps actually designates sauer. Not steyr. I believe Nordsee translates to "north sea". Which is the water in-between germany, england, and norway.

John.

I do not believe they took the discs off the stocks during their refurbishment
I collect data on them and have over 500 KM numbers recorded. Sadly in this state not much more can be said about it.
It’s a new number for me, thanks for posting

Last edited:
Thank you for the data.

It's a stock from a Sauer & Sohn K98k and certainly that rifle had the code "147 1939". This range of the North Sea property number can be allocated around the beginning of 1940, at which time the Kriegsmarine got K98k assembled by other manufacturers, mainly Mauser Berlin.

The Kriegsmarine North Sea fleet received some K98k from Sauer & Sohn in the summer of 1939 and for some reason some of these K98k were only stamped with the North Sea property number in early 1940.

Military Rifle Journal
Back