Third Party Press

Looking to find a possible explanation for the numbering of of the bolt on my k98a.

I am sure it isn't police but a search with the defined meaning pulled the above P08, I am sure this unit is Reichsheer, but this is not what I specialize in. Most of what I do is trending variables (mfg serial ranges, acceptance patterns -all aspects of major components - bolts to barrels....); I do trend by unit markings but surviving rifles are so scanty that you would have to be a magician to pontificate serious conclusions...

I should mention that the page I scanned was found in the Reichsheer section and there was nothing remotely close in the Republican era police section and this book is the current standard resource on the subject (Jeff Noll or one of our German members would be better at defining this unit)

It was my very first thought that this is "Sanitätsabteilung 4" in Dresden and I don't find any better explanation. Neither Imperial nor Police unit mark!

T

Last edited:

I am sure it isn't police but a search with the defined meaning pulled the above P08, I am sure this unit is Reichsheer, but this is not what I specialize in. Most of what I do is trending variables (mfg serial ranges, acceptance patterns -all aspects of major components - bolts to barrels....); I do trend by unit markings but surviving rifles are so scanty that you would have to be a magician to pontificate serious conclusions...
Wow good find in pulling up that P08. The unit marking is only 7 numbers away from my k98a in terms of item number. Super interesting. Thank you.

Military Rifle Journal
Back