Third Party Press

LSR stock and bolt on the loose?

Mauser4me

What are the odds of finding an original LSR stock and bolt? Need them for my x block restoration and I don't know if it's even worth trying to look. I was thinking to find an original menzel stock and have it inlet. I can't even find a decent one of those in the last few weeks of looking though.

I don't suppose anybody knows where I could find at least an original flag safety and menzel stock (LSR or standard)?

It's going to be extremely difficult to find an original stock. And if you do it will be very expensive (unless you can find an original stock that has been sanded). I would just try to find a correct Gustloff stock and have it cut.

I just looked at Your LSR serial and saw it was 3 digit x block , which jogged my memory that I had such an LSR bolt but I sold it to a member a few years ago . Does not help You out now but thought it may give you some encouragement to keep looking .

If it was me , I would make this a long term restoration , You never know whats going to come around the corner when you least expect it . Wish You the best on your restoration

Attachments

• DSC_0176.JPG
    DSC_0176.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0187.JPG
    DSC_0187.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back