Third Party Press

M35 Luftwaffe DD

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
I don't really collect helmets, and don't have any other Luftwaffe gear, but I ended up buying this. haha. It spoke to me, I should have waited until after we get import marking, but I don't always think things through that much. Picked it up off of GHW a few months ago. Apologies as my helmet pics arent as good as my rifle pics, not alot of practice on lids.

M35 Luftwaffe Double decal, SE68, liner 60. 39 dated liner band. LBA marked 39 dated chinstrap, all matching maker, and 39 dated split pins. Named to a "H Pauer" on the leather, records have him KIA in an aircraft. Named a second time in the skirt, to a
Lt. Hofmeister, with a feldpost number. Flak training division in Romania, moved home for likely defense purposes late 44 from what I can gather.

Nice helmet Andrew. I would like to own a Luft helmet at some point. Along with a Kriegsmarine Helmet. Thanks for sharing.

Nothing wrong with that one. As the helmet has an LBA-marked chinstrap the chances are good it has been with the helmet since the war. Nice piece.

Thanks for sharing,
Cody

You did good Andrew! I like it. That's what a nice, used, original Luft. M.35 DD looks like. It has character.

As of October 5, 1943 that Lt. was with the Flak-Ausbildungsstab Rumänien or the Flak Training Staff, Rumania. That LPN stopped existing in use as of December 12, 1944. That Lt. was transferred somewhere else, likely to a combat zone, and his helmet captured.

You did good Andrew! I like it. That's what a nice, used, original Luft. M.35 DD looks like. It has character.

As of October 5, 1943 that Lt. was with the Flak-Ausbildungsstab Rumänien or the Flak Training Staff, Rumania. That LPN stopped existing in use as of December 12, 1944. That Lt. was transferred somewhere else, likely to a combat zone, and his helmet captured.

Thanks Craig! I like them showing some use.

Military Rifle Journal
Back