Third Party Press

Mauser .22 Trainer Muzzle Cover

ncsammy

I found this muzzle cover in a box of gun parts at a gun show a number of years ago. I believe it's for a KKW or a DSM34 (I actually don't own any of these .22 trainers). Can anyone enlighten me on what rifle it fits and give me an idea of its rarity. My pictures below show it on the left, with a standard 98k muzzle cover on the right. Thanks in advance.

Sam

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 62
muzzle cover

That will fit a kkw or dsm-34. Even though there is a specific kkw type muzzle cover.
I have purchased gustloff werke kkw's with this plain type cover. I have also bought dsm-34's with this plain type cover. They are scarce but not rare. The cost around 3x a k98 muzzlecover. I refer to "plain"
as to the fact that it has no logo on the flip up cover. Some have the makers logo embossed on them...Mauser,walther,jga,ect...

The cover you have is for a DSM34 and will most likely not fit onto a KKW. The part that goes over the sight blade on yours has a lower profile than one to accomdate a KKW. An easy test would be, try it on a regular K98k (same height as a KKW).

If you should decide to part with it, I would be more than interested in purchasing it.

Military Rifle Journal
Back