Third Party Press

Mauser Oberndorf, Brno and Reparations

Fal Grunt

Jon and Paul did an excellent work up found here:

Jon wanted to share the complete contract for everyone to see.

""These 5 pages cover the machines, guages, tools, materials, drawings etc. Signed by Mauser heads and DWM head and CZ folks. This will be first time anyone has seen full contract. Jon "

Attachments

• P1180923 C&E.JPG
    P1180923 C&E.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 21
  • P1180924 C&E.JPG
    P1180924 C&E.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 19
  • P1180925 C&E.JPG
    P1180925 C&E.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 15
  • P1180926 C&E.JPG
    P1180926 C&E.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 15
  • P1180927 C&E.JPG
    P1180927 C&E.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 20
More contract data shows commission to guy who organized sale and total end price and not 1000 Mauser 7.65 pistols. Last pic shows some 20 N pistol 9mm designed by Mr. Nickl at Mauser , then note 1000 rounds for the Mauser Tank rifle. This sales had to occur before Treaty regs came on line in 1922 when Mauser also had to turn in for destruction some 650 machines which was no big deal as these were mostly worn out machines. From all the money Mauser got from CZ folks Mauser re built thier production lines and bought lots of machines from US, UK, Fritz Werner in Germany and other firms which got Mauser ready for lead up to WW2! Also most of machines CZ bought were old but usable. Jon

Attachments

• P1180928 C&E.JPG
    P1180928 C&E.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P1180929 C&E.JPG
    P1180929 C&E.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 16
FG, a welcome flashback!

Perhaps you could revisit the subject further and save the historical context here (K98k forum) in case Gunboards dissolves... this addition of yours expands upon what I have read. The immediate end of the war brought about great changes to all the major firms, the extent of which has been ignored, - certainly the end of the arsenals is taken for granted, but the commercial makers were greatly effected also, none more than DWM, WMO and OWG, but the Suhl consortium as well... in truth the circumstances faced by the privately owned firms were nothing less than catastrophic and by American standards inconceivable what they went through to stay solvent, - it probably was worse for OWG (Steyr) which really remained-survived because of state intervention (the Czechs especially acted reprehensible in this regard - confiscatory in sprit and action)

I am highly pleased you are furthering Jon Speed's effort to share his knowledge and archive to the forums, - I learned a great deal from Jon and I have saved every email and document he shared with me from 2010 on, a massive amount of documents, most that will undoubtedly lost to time... that Jon is willing and even eager to make his work out live him shows the exemplar character of the man! How much was lost when John Wall & CB passed.... (I have every email they sent me, but will be lost eventually, - John Wall and I shared many common interests, especially regarding Loewe, probably the only man that knew more than I do...)

FG, a welcome flashback!

Perhaps you could revisit the subject further and save the historical context here (K98k forum) in case Gunboards dissolves... this addition of yours expands upon what I have read. The immediate end of the war brought about great changes to all the major firms, the extent of which has been ignored, - certainly the end of the arsenals is taken for granted, but the commercial makers were greatly effected also, none more than DWM, WMO and OWG, but the Suhl consortium as well... in truth the circumstances faced by the privately owned firms were nothing less than catastrophic and by American standards inconceivable what they went through to stay solvent, - it probably was worse for OWG (Steyr) which really remained-survived because of state intervention (the Czechs especially acted reprehensible in this regard - confiscatory in sprit and action)

I am highly pleased you are furthering Jon Speed's effort to share his knowledge and archive to the forums, - I learned a great deal from Jon and I have saved every email and document he shared with me from 2010 on, a massive amount of documents, most that will undoubtedly lost to time... that Jon is willing and even eager to make his work out live him shows the exemplar character of the man! How much was lost when John Wall & CB passed.... (I have every email they sent me, but will be lost eventually, - John Wall and I shared many common interests, especially regarding Loewe, probably the only man that knew more than I do...)
Paul,

More than happy to help and contribute as possible. If you want to share those emails and documents with me, I will gladly organize them with everything I have received. I have a "database" setup where I catalog and save all my research, some other guys research, and of course anything I receive from Jon.

I spent the better part of 2 years chasing John Wall's computer after he passed. While I managed to acquire a few of his things, his computer was what I really wanted. Unfortunately best I was able to determine the family disposed of it.

Some day, when I can find the right person to help me with the technology side, all of that information will be made available digitally for remote access.

It will certainly be preserved for future generations.

I wonder what the Czechs needed 1,000 rounds to T-Gewehr ammo for. I would’ve imagined that plenty would’ve been floating around on the market, and I’m not aware of the Czechs issuing the rifles.

Military Rifle Journal
Back