Third Party Press

Mauser P38

don w

Nice , matching vet bring back P38. This has a blued front sight and a phosphated locking block. Enjoy the few pics guys.

Attachments

• DSCF0115.JPG
    DSCF0115.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF0123.JPG
    DSCF0123.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF0124.JPG
    DSCF0124.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF0132.JPG
    DSCF0132.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF0130.JPG
    DSCF0130.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF0133.JPG
    DSCF0133.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0137.JPG
    DSCF0137.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF0138.JPG
    DSCF0138.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0139.JPG
    DSCF0139.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF0142.JPG
    DSCF0142.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 56
Thanks Gerard. It is a "f" block. in the 2K range

sweet, I'll have to check my all phosphate svw45 to see what block it's in. Mine has the black grips, but the red bakelite grips look great on yours. :thumbsup:

Nice pistol...
I have a P.38 that is #1867f and is phosphate slide & frame with a blued barrel & locking block. Reference Buxton's book "The P.38 Pistol", Vol. 2, pg.34. He also states that blued barrel stock was being phased out while phosphate inventory was being built up. It would be interesting to know exactly what your serial number is and how close to mine. Buxton also says this number indicates April 1945 manufacture with production ending at 3000f. Also, how many proofs on the right side of the slide? My pistol carries all three proofs on right side.

Nice pistol...
I have a P.38 that is #1867f and is phosphate slide & frame with a blued barrel & locking block. Reference Buxton's book "The P.38 Pistol", Vol. 2, pg.34. He also states that blued barrel stock was being phased out while phosphate inventory was being built up. It would be interesting to know exactly what your serial number is and how close to mine. Buxton also says this number indicates April 1945 manufacture with production ending at 3000f. Also, how many proofs on the right side of the slide? My pistol carries all three proofs on right side.

Hang on Denny. I am not close to the pistol now. I will post a close pick of the side this afternoon.

The serial is on the 'down low' as I may be selling it and dont want to put the numbers out on the net for the 'possible' new owner.
But the serial is approx 400 higher than yours.

Hey Denny,

Here ya go. A couple more pics. Thanks for your interest too.

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 37
Don,
Very nice. Is the barrel phosphate? The last group of pics look like it might be. Hard to tell with the lighting. The grips look to be Posselt which I though were primarily found on Spreewerk P.38s. I will have to post pics of my svw45 it is an e block dual tone with an all phosphate mag. Super svw45 you have.
Mike

Don,
Very nice. Is the barrel phosphate? The last group of pics look like it might be. Hard to tell with the lighting. The grips look to be Posselt which I though were primarily found on Spreewerk P.38s. I will have to post pics of my svw45 it is an e block dual tone with an all phosphate mag. Super svw45 you have.
Mike

Hey Mike, sorry man for the month late response. I didnt notice any further response to the thread til just now.

Yes, the barrel is phosphated. The only blued part on the outside is the front sight. All other small parts are phosphated.

IMO I think that Mauser didnt assemble fully phosphated main componant (Barrel, Slide and Frame) P38's until somwhere around 2000 f. Just a guess though from reading other posts.
If correct, that would put WW2 German assembly of these fully phosphated P38's around 1100 or less. Pretty rare birds when you look at it that way.

I wonder how that number stacks up to the 'bnz' marked Radoms ?

Military Rifle Journal
Back