Third Party Press

Mitchell Mauser

chris88

I downloaded a PDF for my kar98ks for informational and care purposes from Mitchell Mausers. Found them online and they look really pristine. Does anyone have any extra info on them if they are legit or not. They seem to nice for how old they are.

They are re-numbered and re-finished. Any collector value has been ruined.

Those new to milsurp collecting often ask the same question.

Chris please search. Mitchell's Mausers on here. Should get you up to speed. Mitchell's has a very bad taste on this Forum.

Like MIKEMC said, just search the term on this forum. You'll see how well they are regarded in the collecting community. I would avoid anything they recommend as far as care of your K98. There are plenty of threads on the forum about how to properly take care of your rifle. If Mitchell's recommendations are anything like what they do to their K98s you will destroy any collector value.

Read up on them here as well as a few other forums that have a K98k section and you will learn the meaning of "pimp shine."

I downloaded a PDF for my kar98ks for informational and care purposes from Mitchell Mausers. Found them online and they look really pristine. Does anyone have any extra info on them if they are legit or not. They seem to nice for how old they are.

I think they are the shiniest Mausers.

Definitely to be avoided if you are interested in a historically accurate rifle. They worked them over pretty good. If you are in the market for a “legit” K98, the trader section on this forum is your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info everyone. I knew it looked too nice to be totally original. Was fortunate enough to have the seller get my bid removed from GB.

I take it everyone agrees that they are the shiniest Mausers? I don't recall seeing any shinier. That has to be worth something, along with that certificate. Back in the day, say a couple thousand years ago, shiny was in.

I take it everyone agrees that they are the shiniest Mausers? I don't recall seeing any shinier. That has to be worth something, along with that certificate. Back in the day, say a couple thousand years ago, shiny was in.

Shiny is king! Why buy a rough looking mauser when you can buy a nice shiny pristine super-clean one?

Indeed they are the shiniest! And in some cases shiny does work for attracting the attention of things, you know like with fishing lures. Plus the certification that it IS, in fact, a rifle. How can you go wrong??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup they sure are the shiniest out there. Pimp shined bolts and glazed doughnut stocks. Guess new looking sells to the uninformed and bet they have hoodwinked plenty.

I know all about them but I am guilty as I do own a very shiny one....It is my best shooter that has had over 1k rounds through it. New as the day it left the factory. Well, actually much shinier and Pimped Chrome......lol

They're shiny, alright. Makes them better than Russian captures. Wait. They are Russian captures. Or were.

Military Rifle Journal
Back