Third Party Press

More madness...

I just start thinking... sure these people are crazy and spending tons of money on bad guns. But hopefully that leaves them with less money for the good legit guns? Geez, this whole shelter-in-place really has me looking at things differently. I guess with so many suffering my ability to have compassion for everyone is diminishing.

“This is a text-book sample of the historical relic” ad nauseam....and in a replacement stock...maybe.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“This is a text-book sample of the historical relic” ad nauseam....and in a replacement stock...maybe.
giphy.gif

A historical relic of the “old Irish hammer” variety!!

well, let's try that again....

If you ever wondered just how much of a shiite show some of these Gunbonker awkshuns are take this one for example. First pointed out by Bruce in the OP, Country_Surplus 'sells' this textbook relic to vintage_collector (and his big +1 feedback) for $2125. We now know that was a sham since it was nearly immediately relisted by the original seller.

It gets more interesting if we check vintage_collector and his one and only feedback which was as a buyer for Fine_Art_Harvester who recently made discussion headlines regarding another questionable Mauser. Now Fine_Art_Harvester looks like he's running a 'how-to' clinic for sham awkshuns. Even more interesting guess who else was a bidder in vintage_collector only win?? Country_Surplus! I'm sure this is all totally legit... :googlie

Tying the jerk circus all together we can come back around to a 'turd alert' from Pisgah last week...

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?40569-Mint-condition-dot-1944-(-3219-af-)

And the seller is??? Fine_Art_Harvester And again looking at the bidding looks like a sham awkshun how-to. Right in the middle of the action banging away on the bid button?? vintage_collectorhigh dollar junk.jpg

IMO the last/only legit bidder was ray_1959 was bailed out days ago.bogus bid history.PNG

Last edited:
Only a couple of ‘bidders’ with double-digit purchases...barely.

vintage_collector bought this outstanding Yugo M48 from Fine_Art_Harvester on 3/8/2020 for $525.00, received glowing feedback ("Great buyer! Smooth communication and prompt payment. Thank you."), vintage_collector left glowing feedback in return ("Excellent! Best service. Perfect rifle.") and now it has been relisted. Lowlife scum.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/864557787

Only a couple of ‘bidders’ with double-digit purchases...barely.

Well Slautterfish and CMVStudioProps are known entities and have an agenda. They were in really early and cheap trying to pick up a steal and then they were gone once it went over a couple hundred. I really believe ray1959 was the only legit 'bidder'.

vintage_collector bought this outstanding Yugo M48 from Fine_Art_Harvester on 3/8/2020 for $525.00, received glowing feedback ("Great buyer! Smooth communication and prompt payment. Thank you."), vintage_collector left glowing feedback in return ("Excellent! Best service. Perfect rifle.") and now it has been relisted. Lowlife scum.

This is not the first time a buyer/seller bromance has been discovered. I'm sure some are legit and some of the big sellers certainly have their fanbois who believe anything and everything they list and write is gospel. Then there are others that are probably as rotten as they smell.

GK, please screen shot the evidence trail and post it up. The link and evidence will be gone from general view. However, my opinion is that smells like shilling to me. The "winning bidder" loved the rifle and the seller loved the "winning bidder" but the sale didn't go through?

GK, please screen shot the evidence trail and post it up. The link and evidence will be gone from general view. However, my opinion is that smells like shilling to me. The "winning bidder" loved the rifle and the seller loved the "winning bidder" but the sale didn't go through?

Agreed. This is textbook shill bidding. Also feedback padding. Several flavors of fraud here.

I feel sorry for vintage_collector. He's trying so hard to get a firearm, any firearm, no matter if it's a rifle or a pistol, a Mauser or a Garand, just one firearm, pleeeeeze.
And then he always gets outbid by someone else, always ends up being nothing but the runner up. How devastating!
And then, once in his lifetime, he scores: A Yugo M48 for $525. And he's so happy about the perfect rifle. And the seller is so happy about the prompt payment. And then it shows up on Gunporker again, offered by the same exact seller as before.
What happened? Voice from behind the curtain: "It's a shill bidding scam, doofus."

Attachments

• scam1.jpg
    scam1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 37
  • scam2.jpg
    scam2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 32
  • scam3.jpg
    scam3.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 31
  • scam4.jpg
    scam4.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 30
  • scam5.jpg
    scam5.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 34
I'm waiting to see if Vintage_Collector loved that rifle so much the first time that he bids on it again.

I feel sorry for vintage_collector. He's trying so hard to get a firearm, any firearm, no matter if it's a rifle or a pistol, a Mauser or a Garand, just one firearm, pleeeeeze.
And then he always gets outbid by someone else, always ends up being nothing but the runner up. How devastating!
And then, once in his lifetime, he scores: A Yugo M48 for $525. And he's so happy about the perfect rifle. And the seller is so happy about the prompt payment. And then it shows up on Gunporker again, offered by the same exact seller as before.
What happened? Voice from behind the curtain: "It's a shill bidding scam, doofus."

:thumbsup: Of course, if you reported it to Gunbonker they would probably ban you. Or, like epay did, they simply made it impossible for their "customers" with epay accounts to track and bust shill bidding. Shilling only helps Gunbonker and EpAy make more money. "Investigating" shilling cost them money. So shill away! In some jurisdictions shill bidding is a crime, it's fraud.

Military Rifle Journal
Back