Third Party Press

MP-44 manual reproduction???

sprat

there is currently a MP-44 manual on e-bay it is now up to $ 560.00 myself and pitfighter looked this over real good, we conclude its a reproduction

I sent the seller a e-mail he has not returned my message.
In essence I asked him if he would refund the purchase price and all shipping, if the manual turned out to be a fake so far no reply , that was Friday. 4 days ago

rolled up and aged
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-Era-Ge...788398?hash=item568105306e:g:~NAAAOSwL7VWlrli

anyone disagree

Attachments

• MP-44 repro 1.jpg
    MP-44 repro 1.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 59
  • MP-44 repro 2.jpg
    MP-44 repro 2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 50
  • MP-44 repro 3.jpg
    MP-44 repro 3.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 46
  • MP-44 repro 4.jpg
    MP-44 repro 4.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 50
  • MP-44 repro 5.jpg
    MP-44 repro 5.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 54
?

I compared to my original STG 44 manual, it does not have the detail of the original. Yet, it has more detail than my known Repro.

I would need to compare it to a known original MP44 manual.

Pat

The center manual STG44 is original, the ones above and below it are reproductions.
Although my Stg44 manual is missing the staple you can still see the size staple that was used.

On the OP manual - the staple is a fifth of the size of the spine - on my original the staple is a quarter of the size of the size, as are all of the MP44/STG44/G/K43 manuals I have encountered - the old staples were larger gauge than more modern ones.
My two pictured reproductions use narrow gauge staples, too.

Not very scientific, but, I would not spend $500 on the one in Sprats post -
I did bid $100 on it as an excellent reproduction, or just something MP44 related that I didn't quite understand.
I would go to Rastik and buy from him if I was going to spend significant dollars on an original.

Had my tail feathers burned too many times on Ebay, lol.

Last edited:
At least, the manual on eBay does not contain the usual spelling errors...
If it turns out to be a fake, I have to admit the fakers are getting better.
I would never buy something like this on eBay. It needs to be handled, felt, smelled, investigated for spots (dirt, rust) possibly copied from the original onto the fake, etc.
A seller's word means nothing if he isn't highly experienced in collecting manuals. His lack of response to questions regarding return policy would make me nervous.

At least, the manual on eBay does not contain the usual spelling errors...
If it turns out to be a fake, I have to admit the fakers are getting better.
I would never buy something like this on eBay. It needs to be handled, felt, smelled, investigated for spots (dirt, rust) possibly copied from the original onto the fake, etc.
A seller's word means nothing if he isn't highly experienced in collecting manuals. His lack of response to questions regarding return policy would make me nervous.

Agreed 100%

Thanks Jesse and Gunkraut

as my original post indicates this is a reproduction I wanted input from others and yes if i were going to buy a MP-44/stg-44 it would be through Henrik

thanks

Whoah -

- "...WWII Era German MP44 Maschinenpistole 44 Rifle Manual Instruction Original MP 44 just sold for $883.00..."

Someone wanted it bad -

Here's one I picked up just before Christmas.

Attachments

• ManualFront.jpg
    ManualFront.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 42
  • ManualBack.jpg
    ManualBack.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 41
Here's one I picked up just before Christmas.

Yes - the same sized staple as was used on mine, also, appropriate aging for a late-war Stg-44 manual.

The Ebay one is an MP44 manual, which would have theoretically been issued earlier than our two (later designation) Stg manuals.
Anyway - I guess the Ebay one could be original, some amazing artifacts do survive in exceptional condition after 70 years, defying all odds.
As I look at the box of fakes I keep under my desk, I have to admit to being far from an expert, having made quite a few mistakes based on internet photos :googlie

I hope the owner is happy.

I am MP44'd out for a while - only looking to complete spare parts, rare ammo and accessories for now, it is less fun when so many people are in on the game.
Loading tools, spare parts bag, take down tool, cleaning brush, rubber muzzle caps, and one more spare ejector/spring/pin.
I'd like to find an armourers gauge-round in 7,9x33 - some beauties in private collections.

I'd like to find an armourers gauge-round in 7,9x33 - some beauties in private collections.[/QUOTE]

I do have two tool type rounds in 7.92 x 33. But both are East German, metal base with black plastic upper.

I'd like to find an armourers gauge-round in 7,9x33 - some beauties in private collections.

I do have two tool type rounds in 7.92 x 33. But both are East German, metal base with black plastic upper.[/QUOTE]

I have two East German drill-purpose rounds, too.
"Black-plastic" with Aluminum base, very similar to the wartime "red-plastic" with aluminum base - which I don't have.

These are two armourers gauge/tool rounds. Would be nice in my collection.
(one is date from 1943 and the other is from 1945 , both made by Erma)

Military Rifle Journal
Back