Third Party Press

Mp40 blank firing adapter?

Killerfish67

I just got my approval letter back for my mp40 tax stamp! I had gotten some blank ammo with the deal and wanted to know if I need to buy an adapter for shooting blanks out of my mp40.

Yes you will. It will replace your muzzle nut. The oriface size will need to be adjusted to whatever blank you are using. Too small a hole, you can damage the gun, too big a hole the bolt won’t cycle. Atlantic wall blanks lists them

Yes you will. It will replace your muzzle nut. The oriface size will need to be adjusted to whatever blank you are using. Too small a hole, you can damage the gun, too big a hole the bolt won’t cycle. Atlantic wall blanks lists them
Thank you so much!

Do you know who made the blanks? If you read the Atlantic wall blank description, they pre drill a hole of a certain size. If the previous owner used blanks with this SMG, he must have had a functioning set up.
This is important because you can bulge the barrel with too small an opening. Find out as much as you can. A new barrel is pretty expensive these days and won’t match.

I’m a car guy, and I happened to have a large assortment of jets for a Holley carburetor. I tapped my adapter to match the jet. Then I started with the largest size and worked my way down.

I’m out of town for work so I’m not able to get to them until next week but after you saying that I’ll just say screw the blanks or just order new blanks and an adapter from Atlantic

It doesn’t pay to jeopardize a very expensive and difficult to obtain firearm with unknowns. That sounds like a plan. Give them a call and tell them what you have. I just went through this with a BFONG Thompson.

Military Rifle Journal
Back