Third Party Press

MP44 Dummy Hardware Questions / Thoughts

Ross_badger

Hey folks, I just purchased an MP44 dummy set online for a little less than $4k. I have a chance to return it, but wanted to get your thoughts and recommendations on these parts. The receiver is the standard solid aluminum, and I'm sure that the magazine is a repro. The barrel is live with a really nice, clean bore with no pits, etc. What are your thoughts on the rest of the hardware, especially the stock gear? Finally, what are my options these days on making this dummy set into a semi-auto?

Thanks in advance! Ross

A.jpgB.jpgC.jpgD.jpgE.jpgF.jpgG.jpgH.jpgI.jpg

Agreed with above, with respect to the mp44 pattern rifle the Germans never numbered their stocks - so the wood is not wwii original. I am generally ok with the rest of those parts being original, minus the mag. Your best bet for a semi auto is to talk with user Dingo here, I see no bolt or oprod, hows the barrel?

Agreed with above, with respect to the mp44 pattern rifle the Germans never numbered their stocks - so the wood is not wwii original. I am generally ok with the rest of those parts being original, minus the mag. Your best bet for a semi auto is to talk with user Dingo here, I see no bolt or oprod, hows the barrel?

Thanks for the analysis! Yes, unfortunately no bolt / op-rod / spring, etc....so I would have to purchase those parts required for a semi build. The barrel is actually really nice with well defined grooves and no pitting.

I'll check in with Dingo, and see what he says, thanks.

I'm still undecided on what I should do. Is this hardware worth $4k as is, or should I send it back for a refund...?

Only you can answer that, generally speaking complete barrel assembly in my mind is around 3k, the grip being 1k I think you got your moneys worth, but that’s subjective.

Suffice it to say, if the barrel is in good condition and the grip is complete… which I’m not sure that it is, but if it were I’d pay 4K shipped for the lot.

How would I obtain a new semi-auto receiver for the MP44 / BD44? Are the receiver flats still available / legal with the bending tool?

I've got that question out to Dingo, but have yet to hear back from him.

How would I obtain a new semi-auto receiver for the MP44 / BD44? Are the receiver flats still available / legal with the bending tool?

I've got that question out to Dingo, but have yet to hear back from him.
Dingo had receiver flats at the S.O.S this year. Still waiting on bending tool to come in

Thanks for all the help on this topic.

I've ordered an op rod, semi-auto bolt, trunnion, mag well support, pins, springs, etc from D-K Production Group.

Now just waiting for the MP44 flats and bending tool to come back into stock, as well as a firing pin and extractor. No telling when those will come back into stock, so I will just be patient :)

Ross

Military Rifle Journal
Back