Third Party Press

My G43 duv44

MMACKEY

Hello, First let say Thank You to all who so freely share your knowledge on these forums. I know that sometimes this knowledge was acquired at a cost that you help the rest of us avoid.

I recently bought this G43 duv44 Sn 2376e at a local auction for $2100 after buyers premium and taxes. I hope I did OK as I would classify myself as an opportunistic accumulator rather than a collector. The majority of the metal parts appear to be matching with either a stamped Sn or electro-penciled number, usually the last 2 digits. The metal finish appears consistent and very good with little wear and no rust. The stock is not matching with Sn 1365 and appears un-sanded with very clear stampings. The rifle had a sling attached that had WaA727 under a Wehrmacht eagle and cXb over 44, it appears to be in too good of shape to be an original? There was an early style oil bottle in the butt stock. It is missing the front site hood. The magazine is marked gcb K43 but is in rougher shape than the rifle.
Upon disassembly, the bolt housing is stamped and has a slight crack at the bottom of the rear shield. I am lucky to know a genuine gunsmith who I am sure will be able to fix this.
The gas cylinder was fused to the gas piston. After multiple applications of penetrating oil they were separated. After several tries with much penetrating oil I was able to blow out the gas block. Bore looks good with strong rifling. I'm guessing the last time it was shot they used corrosive ammo and did very little cleaning. I have ordered a shooters kit and springs. I also order some PPU ammo to hold me over to accumulate enough cases to reload.
There is a "V" stamped on the left side of the receiver, not sure what this is?
I'm fairly certain that after I have had a chance to shoot (hope central NY warms up some time) I will want to add a reproduction mount and scope. Can anyone comment on the ones sold on ebay? Or if anyone has a used reproduction that they are looking to sell please feel free to contact me.

All comments welcome Thanks Mark

G43l.jpg
G43sn.jpg
G43stockstamp.jpg

I believe the stock was sanded and those are restamps. Can you take a photo of the rear of the bolt where you say is cracked? If it's what I'm thinking, this is normal, it's just the way the metal was formed.

Hello Zeppin, seem to be having a problems upload more pictures, exceeded my limit? not sure how to add more. I reinforced the bottom edge of the bolt housing with some PB Weld prior to firing it. Wanted to see if the gap opened back up with a shooter kit and new springs. I understand what you meant by "may not being an issue," rather than a "crack" it is more like a seam that run diagonally. I'll try and figure out the picture situation.

Mark

Hello Zeppin, seem to be having a problems upload more pictures, exceeded my limit? not sure how to add more. I reinforced the bottom edge of the bolt housing with some PB Weld prior to firing it. Wanted to see if the gap opened back up with a shooter kit and new springs. I understand what you meant by "may not being an issue," rather than a "crack" it is more like a seam that run diagonally. I'll try and figure out the picture situation.

Mark

Try uploading 2 or 3 pics at a time, then after they are uploaded, add more. It has something to do with the total file sizes being uploaded all at once.

Here is a random photo from the internet of the back of a bolt housing. Is this the crack you’re talking about? If so, this is normal and seem on many G43’s. It’s just the way the stamped metal is formed.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FAA4B7D9-2420-4194-888A-B943170D2130.jpeg
    FAA4B7D9-2420-4194-888A-B943170D2130.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 203
You have AC stock and left side is restamped. Get yourself a shooter kit if you plan on shooting about $200.00

You have AC stock and left side is restamped.

Not sure I can agree on this being a Walther stock. I certainly looks sanded/oiled a little in the pictures.

The stock seems to be a no letter block duv stock with original acceptance markings on the right, in my opinion.

Not sure I can agree on this being a Walther stock. I certainly looks sanded/oiled a little in the pictures.

The stock seems to be a no letter block duv stock with original acceptance markings on the right, in my opinion.

+1

Some shots of my DUV44

BLM stocks markings were not as heavily struck as Walther, also stocks had less of a rough finish more smooth overall.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back