Third Party Press

My K43

Caesar1

After searching for a while, I finally found a matching K43 with a price I could live with. It looks like the only major problem is someone sanded the hand guard and damaged it. Thanks to Wayne for taking this apart! Click the pics to enlarge

IMG_1971-1.jpg
IMG_1969-1.jpg
IMG_1956-1.jpg
IMG_1948.jpg
IMG_1950.jpg
IMG_1951-1.jpg
IMG_1952.jpg
IMG_1954-1.jpg
IMG_1959-1.jpg
IMG_1964-1.jpg
IMG_1958.jpg

Nice find Caesar,:thumbsup:
the markings are crisp on the stock. I feel it's going to be a little rough(but not impossible)trying to find a handguard replacement that matches. The extras in the buttstock is a real added bonus.
Congrats.

Very nice, welcome to the addicting world of G/K43's. There are original hanguards around, just be patient and one will turn up. You might send a PM to Titan who usually has g/K43 parts.

So I wonder if the switch from G43 to K43 happened in the "n" block for Walther? Mine is a couple of thousand earlier than yours. Anybody?

Attachments

• DSC_0208.jpg
    DSC_0208.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 36
g/k 43

greg you're receiver is a type 1 which will always say G43 no matter what year even in 1945 that marking was applied at the sub-contractor. There are some where they over stamped K43 next to it. But those are quite scarce. Ceaser has a type 2 or standard wather rough type where the marking of G or K was applied @ walther. I think the change took place in the M block. A quick flip through weaver's book would comfirm this.

receivers.

type 2 standard receiver with a milled scope rail is very un-common most seen are type 1 that were earlier rejected then used later with milled off rails as non-snipers. These can show up well into the 'b' range in 45.

The reciever on the right is a type1 in phosphate.
the one on the left is a type2 rough forged non-cosmeticly machined. with milled off scope rail.

the switch from blueing to phosphate takes place in the M block as well..

Attachments

• IMG_1939-1.jpg
    IMG_1939-1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1964-1.jpg
    IMG_1964-1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0208.jpg
    DSC_0208.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
greg you're receiver is a type 1 which will always say G43 no matter what year even in 1945 that marking was applied at the sub-contractor. There are some where they over stamped K43 next to it. But those are quite scarce. Ceaser has a type 2 or standard wather rough type where the marking of G or K was applied @ walther. I think the change took place in the M block. A quick flip through weaver's book would comfirm this.

Yeah the cosmetic machined receivers are a little bit tougher to find but there is quite a mix of types in the "n" block. Always interesting to see what shows up. Here's a shot of my no-letter block dual stamped AC45 stuck away in my safe... These are tough to find!

Attachments

• DSC_0142.jpg
    DSC_0142.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 26
yep.

Thats what I was trying to explain. K43 marked G43. I just had someone email some photos of a G43 ac45 "a" block that wasnt re-stamped and its blued.
It may come down to weather they came from the french sub-contractor or walther werke2. But, mauser k98's also flip flop from blued to phosphate with no ryme or reason. Walther g43's in 1945 can have quite a varitiy of receiver types and finish.

Added Bonus

Not only a nice rifle, but an "awj" K43 magazine.
Made by the Yale & Towne Manufacturing Company - address Heidestrasse 71 in Velbert/Rheinland. In my limited experience this is a fairly rare and seldom encountered magazine. I think this was an American or English company in Germany that was taken over by the Nazis after the war started?? Does anyone know if this is true?

Not only a nice rifle, but an "awj" K43 magazine.
Made by the Yale & Towne Manufacturing Company - address Heidestrasse 71 in Velbert/Rheinland. In my limited experience this is a fairly rare and seldom encountered magazine. I think this was an American or English company in Germany that was taken over by the Nazis after the war started?? Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes. It is/was an American company famous for their locks. The American branch now manufactures those yellow forklifts with Yale written on the side. The German portion of the company apparently became Columbus McKinnon which is still located in Velbert.

Thats what I was trying to explain. K43 marked G43. I just had someone email some photos of a G43 ac45 "a" block that wasnt re-stamped and its blued.
It may come down to weather they came from the french sub-contractor or walther werke2. But, mauser k98's also flip flop from blued to phosphate with no ryme or reason. Walther g43's in 1945 can have quite a varitiy of receiver types and finish.

Milled reciever or rough forged? Single or dual rail? I don't think I have ever seen a cosmetically machined AC45 dual rail, but never say never! Love those G/K43's man...

Military Rifle Journal
Back