Third Party Press

my k98 DWM 1917

Do a picture of the right side of the receiver, also a clearer shot of the serial (I wish to identify the original serial and suffix, the RR will help in this regard)

Your friends across the Channel have this rifles mate.

Attachments

• Prop1.jpg
    Prop1.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 44
Do a picture of the right side of the receiver, also a clearer shot of the serial (I wish to identify the original serial and suffix, the RR will help in this regard)

Your friends across the Channel have this rifles mate.

I think that the original serial number of this G98 is 852a or 652a
regards

Now that is a neat rifle to say the least. In the 30s when Germany was seriously rearming they made good use refitting WWI rifles to K98k configuration. Thanks for sharing as I truly enjoy seeing rifles like this.

Thanks for the effort, very helpful, I agree probably an a-block, I was wondering on the possibility of a d-block, which is very similar, basically hoping the RR would add certainty. Unfortunately a-blocks and d-blocks have the same acceptance. Still a good report for DWM acceptance.

BTW, the HZa build aspects are pretty impressive too, these aren't common in original matching condition.

That's a cool 20th District Depot built rifle. I have one also, that I did a restoration on. Yours looks really great. Are there any stock markings like the HZa stamp?

Military Rifle Journal
Back