Third Party Press

My latest, AC45 K43.

Slashbike

My latest, AC45 K43.- Update with range report.

96298C2A-F2F7-4023-8944-F66760C96E74-394-000000B111DE55F1_zps97b74529.jpg

AC 45, 74xx c block rifle. Matching bolt, locking lugs and bolt carrier. Mismatched stock, lightly sanded.
Surprisingly little is numbered, I guess the Germans were a little less concerned with serializing everything at this point in the game.

This particular rife had the misfortune of getting submerged in saltwater during Hurricane Sandy, then sitting in a salty rifle case for a couple of months after.

My uncle sent it to me as a wedding gift, and the work began. After a soak in Kroil, the de-rustification started, and I found that much of the various original finishes remained intact. The scratching that's on the front sight base was from an attempt at removing the sight hood by the FFL that transferred the rifle to me...:facepalm:

The Apfeltor kit and springs are on the way, I look forward to shooting this rifle.

Last edited:
Range report:

I was leery of the sort of accuracy I would get, with the muzzle being threaded for a BFA without a real crown at the end of the rifling.

After I installed brand new springs and the Apfeltor shooters kit, I went to the range.
The rifle ran flawlessly. Recoil is right on par with any semi automatic battle rifle.

I expected things to be all over the place, but I got this with irons and Egyptian surplus at 100yrds:

Those are 1" squares.
I know, I know, it's only a six shot group...

Nice looking rifle. Should make a fine shooter, especially if you get a proper crown.

I love my vopo k43 for the fact that I can shoot it.

Nice looking rifle. Should make a fine shooter, especially if you get a proper crown.

I love my vopo k43 for the fact that I can shoot it.

Thank you!
It's awfully fun to shoot, and definitely different at the range!

I'm going to work up a load for it, for if it shoots like this as-is with surplus, then I should be able to tighten things up.

I'll be trying my hand at living history/ reenacting events, and the BFA will come in handy.

Nice shootin! Great group for a rifle that has been threaded for a BFA. I really enjoy shooting my AC44 and like you said, it turns a few heads at the range. My son tears it up when using an original ZF4 and mount! I wish my eyes were as good as his! Who says an old G/K43 can't shoot straight...:hail:

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 16

Military Rifle Journal
Back