Third Party Press

"Nazi" Hi Power pointers

WAZUP13579

Hello all,

I have a coworker that wants to sell a "Nazi" or German marked Hi Power. He only wants $750 for it and I know thatch a steal for any Hi Power but want to know what to watch for. I dont know what year or variation it is but when I asked him different questions he said that is was NOT phosphate and DID NOT have a tangent sight. He said it was blued with the standard sights. He collects more US made guns and especially civilian guns. My question is what should I watch for on it? I have gotten repetitively good at spotting fake stamps and re bluing but want to know more about the common stuff to watch for. I have the money sure but as a college student if it's not the real deal I have better things to buy with it.

Good reference pics would be helpful as there are not many on the forum if at all for Hi Powers.

Thanks for all the help!

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?45-Picture-Reference-Index

Several of us here collect them. It's pretty easy. If it is fixed sights it's either a late no letter suffix (1942), an a or a b. If the latter, it has phenolic resin grips. It should be numbered on the barrel, frame, and slide to match. It will be a WaA140 pistol depending how late, it will have a WaA140 inspected mag (on the back of the spine, low) which will be the same dip blued as the pistol, with an aluminum follower and split tail floorplate, no hole. Behind this, need to see pics. Price for a nice matching pistol is pushing up into $1200 territory. As an aside, the later wartime GP.35s are not a good idea to shoot. The Belgians at FN were engaged in some sabotage, such as improperly heat treating, etc., as they were skilled firearm makers. They knew how to make excellent firearms and how to intentionally not do so as well.

Looks nice and legit and the holster and mag are original. It needs some conservation such as a conservative cleaning (ballistol wipe) and the holster too. If the conservation is done wrong you’ll do more harm than good so at least that was done. At $750 you need to buy it before someone else does.

Looks nice and legit and the holster and mag are original. It needs some conservation such as a conservative cleaning (ballistol wipe) and the holster too. If the conservation is done wrong you’ll do more harm than good so at least that was done. At $750 you need to buy it before someone else does.

+1 - buy it

either way buy to keep or to re-sell there is a lot left in that one !! complete rig with vets name and service # under the flap.. very researchable . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Im picking it up Friday.

Great score, picked mine up about 2 years ago now, guy had the capture certificate right up until about two days before we met, wife threw it away, just an old paper lying on the table (facepalm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back