Third Party Press

Nazi Steyr Mod K98 Rifle - bnz 45 - WWII

That bolt is a completely humped up fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seller is on the radar. I can't and won't say he's the humper but the percentage of bad guns he moves is ridiculously high. Maybe it's just a coincidence? I honestly can't remember the last legit K98k he had for sale. Yes, it's that bad.

Thanks for the replies! Thanks also for the opinion on this seller. Their web site has some k98's also. That's a shame its so humped, people who f'up history to make a buck. I thought the whole bolt looked not near as rough as far as machined finish as some true examples I've seen, but I'm just learning in bits and pieces. So its good my radar went off at least.

You can see the discoloration where each number has been scrubbed or welded over and ground down and then had new numbers stamped.
5afd67b31aae5f1b3ad678e241dc6ff8.jpg
That rainbow effect is not something you want to see.

My BNZ 44 has no numbers on the bolt whatsoever.

Right and I recall that thread but there is a difference between expected marking standards of the SS contract rifles versus “regular” Steyr production. It’s a shame that the one in this thread had been tarnished by bolt fakery. These would sell fine if presented honestly, as bolt mismatches or stock mismatches or whatever.

Even bnz45’s have turned up with unumbered bolts before! But that’s an oddity of course and not the norm like with contract weapons.

Military Rifle Journal
Back