Third Party Press

New Member, First Mauser! Identification help

BCFDTruck

Registered
Hello ladies and gentleman. I am new here, and new to Mauser rifles in general. I have a lot of experience with other military surplus rifles, but i never pulled the trigger on a Mauser...

Until now.

Normally, I like to do all the research I can before I buy an old rifle but this was kind of an impulse buy. I was at my local gun shop today and saw this ugly sporterized mess. Upon further inspection though it appeared to be a German made Mauser rifle. The owner is a friend, and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I paid 100 dollars and I figured it was worth the gamble. I did some research and found that I have a Sauer factory rifle made in 1943? Any more information you guys could provide me with would be amazing.

It is also my intention to put this back into "original" condition and get it out of the hideous sporter stock. All numbers appear to match with the exception of the bolt. I know I will need a stock, but anything else I need or some help in where to look for period correct parts would be amazing.

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg

I have more pictures, trying to figure out how to upload them.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Military Rifle Journal
Back