Third Party Press

New member here

FAQMAT

Registered
Hi! I Just joined the community to learn couple of things about Mauser rifle (obviously).

Here my small contribution:
Interesting rifle here, it's my Israeli Mauser in 7.62x51. This rifle started his life as a Gewher 98 and was probably converted to 98k profile later in his life to finally be converted again by the Israeli to the 7.62 caliber. here's some pics. The metal and bore are in very good + condition, but sadly, the stock has been sanded. Still an exellent shooter thou.

This one is an SSR sniper "clone". It is chambered in 7.65x53 and is made from a Czeck VZ25 receiver. The barrel is from a 1909 Argentine Mauser that was turned down in the lathe to 98k profile, 98k sights where installed and also an Accumount SSR reproduction rail and mount. The scope is a 1947 Hensoldt Dialytan 4x with a german post reticle. It make a cool looking rifle that can not be mistaken for an authentic one. Most part where serialised to match the receiver. The 7.65 calibre make sense for a rifle that will be a shooter as here, in Canada, .311 bullets are easier to find as it's the same as for the .303 British that is plenty available here.

(Pictures from the previous owner)

Military Rifle Journal
Back