Third Party Press

Original German rubber muzzle caps?

Zeppelin5000

Can you guys tell me if these muzzle caps are original German? I’m looking for a few and like to be sure they “play the part” lol.

Attachments

• 50ABBD3E-6F69-46B1-9782-A5E2907EB526.jpg
    50ABBD3E-6F69-46B1-9782-A5E2907EB526.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 67
Originals are green, three rib, hollow back with sprue dimple in the center. Those black ones are post war versions if not mistaken.
DSC04388.jpg

There is a guy in Estonia with a whole stash of originals that posts on ebay often enough. Just remember how to spot originals and you will be fine. I may even have a few left, unsure.

Last edited:
There is a guy in Estonia with a whole stash of originals that posts on ebay often enough. Just remember how to spot originals and you will be fine. I may even have a few left, unsure.

I do see a lot outside of the US. I usually avoid purchasing from overseas though :-/ If you do have a couple and are willing to sell, let me know!

I've had nothing but good luck over the years from European sellers. As long as you know what you're buying. For $5 per cover he has some real nice ones. I've dealt with him over the years for rods, hoods and covers. Pickings are real slim nowdays. I will try to remember if/when I stumble across any.

I've had nothing but good luck over the years from European sellers. As long as you know what you're buying. For $5 per cover he has some real nice ones. I've dealt with him over the years for rods, hoods and covers. Pickings are real slim nowdays. I will try to remember if/when I stumble across any.

I might need to step out of my comfort zone at some point haha. I did have an offer to purchase a few, but thanks for the help!

Over the years the rubber remained pretty dang strong and pliable but always put them in hot water for a bit before placing them on a rifle and don't leave them on continuously as they have tendency to split.

Military Rifle Journal
Back