Third Party Press

Our 33/40.

No, they are more like VZ-24 handguards, they are held on with a clip, and very easy to damage, so take great care getting it off..

I've only played with vz24s but that is great advice. So easy to break them. The huge cutout for the rear sight is brutal

No, they are more like VZ-24 handguards, they are held on with a clip, and very easy to damage, so take great care getting it off...

I usually use a wide blade screwdriver, you kind of carefully slip it under the back of the handguard (after it is out of the stock!), and gently pry up while holding up the rear sight (or better yet, have your son hold it up), very slowly and gingerly until the clip slips off the barrel, then you keep holding up the rear sight and swivel the loose handguard like 90 deg to slip it over the rear sight.

Personally, I'd leave the handguard on, once the stock is off, check the channel, hopefully it matches, and don't worry about the handguard...

Thank you for the information. I don’t know why I want to see the numbers, the gun will stay in our family for another half century or so. It doesn’t really matter, I just gotta know.
It looks like the stock channel will be the place to look.

Military Rifle Journal
Back