Third Party Press

Portugese 8mm Ammo

Kleanbore 1

I have a chance to buy a sealed can of 800 portugese 8mm ammo from 1973. I would probably sell all or most of it. What could I expect to sell it for? I think it is in (10) 80rd boxes.

Reactions: b98
Mine are 90 round boxes. I would think twice about selling, this is the best surplus I’ve ever seen and much harder to find today.

I don’t think it’s corrosive. I have a 80 carton of it, on strippers. It’s actually beautiful ammo, I haven’t fired it but all sources claim it’s top quality.

Reactions: b98
Yeah the Portuguese 1970 ammunition is some of the best Surplus 8mm Mauser ammunition out there. Shockingly enough I found two boxes for sale at the ogca show over the weekend. And check out that price tag? Honesty I thought it was an older price tag from many years ago. Nope, that was the listed price! Just goes to show you sometimes you can still get lucky finding this ammunition for good price tags.

20230325_225103.jpg

If memory serves, this originally came in a wooden crate. I believe it was in 90 round boxes x 12 = 1080 rounds, which is what I have. However, the OP mentioned a tin of 80 round boxes x 10 and never saw it packed that way back in the 1980s. So far as surplus 7.92 x 57 goes, it is the best of the best...

Mine are in 90 round boxes but they are packed loose. Perhaps the 80 round boxes are on clips?

Military Rifle Journal
Back