Third Party Press

Portuguese K98 new imports

Centerfire is about ten minutes from where I have dinner plans tonight. May stop by.
Can you inquire why they advertise "all matching" rifles with stocks that DON'T match? They sold me one, then wouldn't respond when I asked wtf.

These are in stock yet again on Atlantic. Now with cleaning kit as well. Comes to show that sometimes if you snooze, you win.

My question is :Were the Portugese M937A K98's ever used by the German armed forces during WWII ? Since they were manufactured in 1937 Germany was not engaged in any wars at this time so you would think a commercial order from the Mauser factory would go straight to the country purchasing these rifles. Even though they are covered in Waffenamts I can't see that they were used by the German military. Now, the Model 1941 is a different story, certain batches of them were diverted to be used by the German military, probably to make up for losses with fighting in Russia.... Does anyone have any information on who used the M937A 98k's ?
Tks,
Bob32268

As far as we know, only the Portuguese used the M937A (and colonies of Portugal).
Again, no documented use of the M937A by the German military.

The contract was specifically created between Portugal and Mauser Werke.

The same does not apply to the Chinese contract K98ks, as there were limited diversions of the rifles
in 1939 to the Kriegsmarine.

These are in stock yet again on Atlantic. Now with cleaning kit as well. Comes to show that sometimes if you snooze, you win.
They can keep them. Their customer service went to shite and at least I don’t have to worry about my CC getting hacked again.

Found them on Centerfire minus the ammo. As far as I know they are all from Century.

As far as we know, only the Portuguese used the M937A (and colonies of Portugal).

The same does not apply to the Chinese contract K98ks, as there were limited diversions of the rifles
Thanks Bruce, that confirms my suspicions.
Tks,
Bob

So some of the 1941 M937B went to the Wehrmacht as @World posted at post #46 on a Russian Capture? Which block and serial range was redirected for German use?

What are the thoughts on the surplus ammo being offered? Greek 1930-1940ish Vintage 80+ years old
It shoots fine 4-5 Moa but I have a dud about 1 out of 20 rounds. The Turkish stuff is about 1 out of 50 but way hotter. I had 1 of about 500 rounds that blew out the primer and had to be knocked out with a rod it wouldn’t eject.

I received mime, looks great. Some beautiful tiger striping, only non-match is maybe the bolt release. Happy with it for sure. Atlantic purchase.

You can check with Atlantic Firearms, they have a combo with Portuguese rifle M937a - K98 with bayonet non matching #, cleaning kit, and 945 rds of ammo greek surplus. the numbers on rifle match except cleaning rod. In stock yesterday. I purchased one combo kit from them, arrived to my ffl in like 3-4 days from order date. I am very happy with the Rifle numbers look good, all markings and crest look nice, bbl is shiny and smooth inside no corrosion, rifling it good. waffenamts all over it , numbers matching. I disassembled it , bolt taken apart, cleaned cosmo. out of bolt, stock, and bbl. underside.. numbers inside stock match as well. very little pitting spots under stock line. Bayonet is decent, cleaning kit complete. . That's my experiance with them. I am a Happy Customer. YMMV Atlantic did ok by me.

Military Rifle Journal
Back