Third Party Press

Post Your Factory Mismatch Rifles Here

morticianman1990

Hello all,

I wanted to start a thread where people could post factory mismatch rifles. I recently acquired a rifle which is believed to have a factory mismatch bolt. I am just curious to see how many rifles like this are out there, what types of mismatches are most common et c. If you have any rifles with factory mismatches let's see them!

Starting the thread, here is my latest acquisition, a MO 1938 C block: 3702 C with 8702 C bolt.

I did the best I could do without good lighting in my house and no photography knowledge :p

Attachments

• 3702C_reciever.jpg
    3702C_reciever.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 3702C_barrel.jpg
    3702C_barrel.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 3702C_bolt_handle.JPG
    3702C_bolt_handle.JPG
    288.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 3702C_safety.jpg
    3702C_safety.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 87
  • 3702C_bolt_shroud.JPG
    3702C_bolt_shroud.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 3702C_overview.jpg
    3702C_overview.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 3702C_buttstock.jpg
    3702C_buttstock.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 3702C_midstock.JPG
    3702C_midstock.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Congrats on your rifle! Who doesn’t like a nice set of stripes? M/m isn’t common but they come up often enough, also factory reclaimed parts.

Congrats on your rifle! Who doesn’t like a nice set of stripes? M/m isn’t common but they come up often enough, also factory reclaimed parts.
Clay, thank you! And I haven't been on the scene for too long but I dont think I've seen a factory bolt m/m, it's interesting since this bolt is completely matching to itself. I've usually just seen flipped numbers or a digit +/- 1. Would be cool if we got some people with different types of m/m to post some pics

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You've just about blown your original topic with those stripes. Should have given us advance notice.
Nice rifle!

You've just about blown your original topic with those stripes. Should have given us advance notice.
Nice rifle!
LOL maybe I should make another thread ;) I ordered some backdrop and lighting i'll be uploading a much more thorough post on the rifle within the upcoming days

I've found the current collection to have a lean toward MO, and that one is nice. Very nice pick up. Definitely worthy of an in depth post.

Pic 6 really does it for me. Great contrasts. The lumber looks excellent and I also love the contrast of the silvery vs. the thin blue. Looks killer. Great looking example.

Nice flame in that wood! I have a nicely flamed original piece of walnut on my '42 dated Port. My avatar is the stock WaA. Interesting to think that to the Germans, these were just pieces of wood used in production, and nothing special.

Late to the party, but I'll play. This is a 'd' block CE 41 with corrected rear sight slider, ladder and base numbers. The second character of the serial number was mistakenly struck, then corrected with the appropriate over-stamp.

Pat

Attachments

• jFdQEqhGRZ2NZZnQHZTmyw.jpg
    jFdQEqhGRZ2NZZnQHZTmyw.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 17
  • 5DAbWq8tThGHrVWn8w91EQ.jpg
    5DAbWq8tThGHrVWn8w91EQ.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 19
I'll go with that being legit all day Pat. Looks like he did all 3 pieces with the 4 then realized the error.

Late to the party, but I'll play. This is a 'd' block CE 41 with corrected rear sight slider, ladder and base numbers. The second character of the serial number was mistakenly struck, then corrected with the appropriate over-stamp.

Pat
You're not too late, I was hoping for people to be able and post their mismatch examples at any point in the future. I find this subject rather interesting. It seems there really wasn't any protocol for these situations

Military Rifle Journal
Back